Hacking GeckoOS Channel

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
i dont know about region locked but right after i click start a message comes similar to out of region vc games so the free version might help

Dexbox

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, I do not have the homebrew channels or anything like that and am finding it all a bit confusing at the moment despite all the reading.Can Geko OS be burnt to dvd and loaded before I play my backups without any homebrew and does this only needed to be loaded once and it then creates a Geko OS channel or does it need to be loaded every time before I put backups in.I don't currently have 3.3u and my backups work but being a newb everything seems to be rolling out so quickly it would be good peace of mind to know there's nothing to stress about while I try to catch up with whats happening and I would like to apologize in case this is the umpteenth time this question has been asked.Thanks.

Daveychan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greetz,

I have a J-Wii (3.2J) and am having the same problem as jan777 when i run this. Something is keeping me from running it on my Japanese HW.

Please and Thanks!

rolleyes.gif

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
it cant be stealth patching(if anyone wants to jump to conclusions) as i dont have wifi connection
also all channels installs and works fine just not this one

DaWiis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.diemetrix.net
XP
Country
Norway
Dexbox said:
Hi all, I do not have the homebrew channels or anything like that and am finding it all a bit confusing at the moment despite all the reading.Can Geko OS be burnt to dvd and loaded before I play my backups without any homebrew and does this only needed to be loaded once and it then creates a Geko OS channel or does it need to be loaded every time before I put backups in.I don't currently have 3.3u and my backups work but being a newb everything seems to be rolling out so quickly it would be good peace of mind to know there's nothing to stress about while I try to catch up with whats happening and I would like to apologize in case this is the umpteenth time this question has been asked.Thanks.

If you don't have the hombrew channel it's about time you installed it. Get it from the offical site and burn it to disk and install it.
The GeckoOS wad will install to the wii menu as a channel. And you have to use it everytime you want to play an import or trucha signed disc. To install the wad use wad manager and run in through the homebrew channel.

Homebrew channel makes your life easier, it's foolish not to use it.

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
anyone want to region free it?

damn i just want to have region free gaming

without having to plug in the sd card every brawl

i dont know if i am asking too much but freethewads get me ticket errors

gunner_pt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
With this homebrew I can play .isos on 3.3 with other trucha modifications? For example, I will be able to play .isos that I played on 3.2 without error 001 (that I retired with trucha) like SMG... I will play it without problems? Or this homebrew only accepts .iso with region modifications?

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
will accept any disc even without trucha
patches:
error001
language forcing
pal\ntsc forcing

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
scruubbed iso still works in the menu if not trucha signed

but i think it will work her also

Parz

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I've been trying to play my trucha signed backups with the video mode changed (NTSC No More Heroes, Dragon Quest, One Piece, etc) on my PAL wii... and they always load up to a black screen. The wii hangs completely and i have to switch it off to get back to the menu. So far the only trucha signed backup that works for me is NTSC Brawl. Is this happening to anyone else, or am I doing something wrong?

Cyber-T

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Parz said:
Hi, I've been trying to play my trucha signed backups with the video mode changed (NTSC No More Heroes, Dragon Quest, One Piece, etc) on my PAL wii... and they always load up to a black screen. The wii hangs completely and i have to switch it off to get back to the menu. So far the only trucha signed backup that works for me is NTSC Brawl. Is this happening to anyone else, or am I doing something wrong?

System Language is set to english?

Parz

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyber-T said:
Parz said:

System Language is set to english?

Yes, i set it to english but it doesn't seem to work.
My wiimote cant even recognise the system after i boot from Gecko OS, the entire system has to be shut down to return to the menu.

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
did you set the geckoos to english? and the necessary video modes?

Parz

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes i set gecko os to english. I also tried many different combinations of the settings and get the same results each time.

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
have you tried booting the os from the HBC?

if the problem still persist post here

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
jan777 said:
will accept any disc even without trucha
patches:
error001
language forcing
pal\ntsc forcing

let me get this straight. your saying i can burn say Mario Kart and play it in this channel without updating the main.dol file for 001 protection? just burn and play and it will work?

my wii is NTSC USA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Happy birthday, btw