OP
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,
Any chance that GeeXboX will become USB 2.0 compatible?
Since GeeXboX is the only mediaplayer app that suits my needs and recognizes my HDD.
Still, it works quite slow/crispy some times when loading a video/mp3. I think USB 2.0 could fix certain things at that point.

So here's my question again, any chances (or in the small future) that a GeeXboX USB 2.0 version will be available, or could someone give me some hints on how to change the GeeXboX source code for USB 2.0 support, since I have some small programming experience, but just not enough Wii programming yet to fully understand the changes being made.
tongue.gif

Thanks in advance.

Cygoku

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Let USB2 finish it's beta phase, then you'll see all sort of applications getting update with this support,...
wink.gif

Cygoku

davvo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
'Beta' is a nickname for software which has passed the alpha testing stage of development and has been released to users for software testing before its official release. Beta testing allows the software to undergo usability testing with users who provide feedback, so that any malfunctions these users find in the software can be reported to the developers and fixed. Beta software can be unstable and could cause crashes or data loss.

there are no applications to test to get it out of beta
so users cant provide feedback

Kempston

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are you sure this is not already USB 2.0? I downloaded and installed Alpha 6 last night and watched the first 20 minutes of Aliens in XVID format off my external HDD with no problems. I'd have thought without support for CIOS USB 2 it would be skipping all over the place or even not see the drive at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I'm not him. Keep looking.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    He could make so much money!!! His arm would never get tired lol
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Lol