Hacking Generic Wii Patcher

nightsaber

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
hey
i downloaded the file then scanned it
and ot had a virus loaded inside the file injecting trojans in to my computer can someone
give me one without a virus please

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
nightsaber said:
hey
i downloaded the file then scanned it
and ot had a virus loaded inside the file injecting trojans in to my computer can someone
give me one without a virus please
The file is clean, it's a false positive.

TheExposed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi
I keep getting the message
Code:
service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices
25686508.png

when i run gwp
thanks

This is XP SP2 btw

fragola

Trophies
XP
Country
It doesn't want to work for me, a window comes up, and tells that it has got TROJAN VIRUS.
Can anybody give a safer link ?
Thank you!

TheExposed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry about the trojan error
it's not a trojan
Most antivirus' will think it is due to the fact that it's a modification tool
Just add an exception in your antivirus software and you'll be fine

The software used to be perfect with me until I started trying to speed up my system by disabling unnecessary services. Now I get the above error and I don't know which service it needs, any help from anyone is appreciated

pimmeke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i've downloaded the gwp several times but i can't seem to open it after unpacking.it says i don't have autority to open it??help please

TheExposed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
i've downloaded the gwp several times but i can't seem to open it after unpacking.it says i don't have autority to open it??help please

If XP, Right-click and click Run As then click on the administrator enter password and hit return
If Vista/7, Right click, run as administrator

pimmeke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
thanks,exposed,but open as administrator won't work either.(i have vista)i also tried un-block by firewall if that was the problem,but no result either.if i try open it it says roughly translated:"can't get access to device,path or file,problably you don't have authorisation to enter the item". any idea what the problem is?thanks

Smog3000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

the reason for this post is because im having the same problem as pimmeke

while attempting to run the generic wii patcher it says not enough privaleges it says i do not have sufficient
permission to access yet im runnung my account as an administrator.

yes i right clicked run as admini but it still says not enough privilages. (im also running on vista)

TheExposed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Problems solved

For the ones with the access permissions error
do you get an error from your AV software before you open it
also if you could tell me what av software it is as well

pimmeke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ok,my laptop crashed about 2 weeks ago,got a new one now with windows 7 and norman anti-virus.downloaded gwp again,opend it and works from the first time.don't know how come but works...wanted to let you know everybody so greedz...

raggamuffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm sorry to necro-bump this thread but I'm pretty desperate here trying to get "Dragon's Lair Trilogy" and other NTSC games to run in PAL60 on my PAL Wii with RGB/Scart cable on a CRT.
Any method to patch the video modes fail, giving me either a red screen while the game is running or a dead end (blackscreen, blue screen "Invalid TV Format" or hanging loader).

Other games that just won't work in RGB/PAL60 are:
-The Monkey King (USA) (strangely runs when forced to PAL50)
-Tatsunoko vs Capcom (JAP)

@bailli I know this is an old topic and you might have no interest in this anymore, but I'd appreciate, if you could have a look into it. I'll support you in any way I can.
Thank you!

Does anybody know of any other methods to patch video modes of ntsc-games that were not meant to be played in RGB?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I'm sorry to necro-bump this thread but I'm pretty desperate here trying to get "Dragon's Lair Trilogy" and other NTSC games to run in PAL60 on my PAL Wii with RGB/Scart cable on a CRT.
Any method to patch the video modes fail, giving me either a red screen while the game is running or a dead end (blackscreen, blue screen "Invalid TV Format" or hanging loader).

Other games that just won't work in RGB/PAL60 are:
-The Monkey King (USA) (strangely runs when forced to PAL50)
-Tatsunoko vs Capcom (JAP)

@bailli I know this is an old topic and you might have no interest in this anymore, but I'd appreciate, if you could have a look into it. I'll support you in any way I can.
Thank you!

Does anybody know of any other methods to patch video modes of ntsc-games that were not meant to be played in RGB?
if you dont get a reply in a day, make a thread, you will have better change of the right people seeing it

bailli

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Woah eight years :wtf:

I am sorry, but I more or less only took available patchers and created a single application out of these. I don't think I am of much help here.
Don't have "current" (usb) loaders options to force specific video modes?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Doesn't USB Loader GX or WiiFlow have options for NTSC, PAL50, and PAl60 video modes?
Yeah, so do Configurable (and NeoGamma & Gecko OS for those who prefer DVDs)

"Red screen" as in solid block, or a black and red picture?

Wii doesn't output RGB while in NTSC modes - it does S-video instead (with the luma signal on the same pin used for red in RGB mode, which would result in an overexposed red and black picture if it's accepted at all), meaning the patching is incomplete or otherwise failing...

If all else fails you could buy/make a component cable (just disassemble your RGB cable and short the two "mode" pins, then get Y/Pb/Pr from the R/G/B wires of matching color), which is the same on PAL and NTSC, and run that through a YPbPr to RGB converter (which isn't that expensive to make at home, though parts may be uncommon)

Reactions: Cyan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that's cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
    Veho @ Veho: Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages...