anyone have any ideas for this space
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I don't anything about modded xboxs really.
Anyone know a good site for info the sticky here is a little old.

Is there a special program for burning isos?
Can they be installed to the harddrive?
etc

I don't plan on playing online so that doesn't matter.
I know I can't get dlc.
Is it like with wii where I shouldn't do the updates on disc?
Thanks for any help

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
purplesludge said:
Is there a special program for burning isos?
Any program capable of burning iso will work fine, IMGburn is a free program that works really good
purplesludge said:
Can they be installed to the harddrive?
Yes, however you will still require a disc in the drive.. a Jtagged console will not require a disc in drive
QUOTE(purplesludge @ Oct 4 2010, 06:38 PM)
Is it like with wii where I shouldn't do the updates on disc?
Update can be installed, no worries about bricking or anything.

purplesludge

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys
It will most likely be the a non slim model.
Installing games to the harddrive does that actually save the disk or does it still read it while?

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The disc is required when playing the game installed on hard drive... the pros of this is speed increase (or decrease if there is one) and no noise from the dvd drive as they are loud. I am unaware if the disc spins slowly, read from both or what not, but it does read from HDD for sure, and the disc drive is silent.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
installing games still requires for disc to be in the 360 (yet it doesn't spin)

also dnt bother with any kind of flashed firmware now

microsoft have a habit banning ppl before their next big update (and soon the kinect dashboard will hop along)

wait for what happens then, i mean if LT users get banned then you can confirm that it will be just better for you to wait

i mean LT is only if you have intention for online play, also with LT you must burn your games in a specific way, must check and make sure they are split vid. through abgx

ifou wish to play games offline then flashing to 1.6NS is more than enough to satisfy your needs.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Some people like the best of both worlds and get 2 Xbox360s - one virgin for playing online (the Slim model would actually be good for this) and one for all your hacking/modding needs (the older versions are better for this).

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wasn't aware that the slim 360's had LT. either i'm behind the times, or the people asking are just as clueless as the OP

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maz7006 said:

microsoft have a habit banning ppl before their next big update (and soon the kinect dashboard will hop along)

ifou wish to play games offline then flashing to 1.6NS is more than enough to satisfy your needs.

He does not plan on going online, so if he don't care about being banned he won't have to worry about it.

I have heard of people recommending 1.6NS for offline play, but have no clue why that is. I understand that 1.6 only works up to a certain wave, then require activate disc.. but LT does not have wave checks or splitvid checks although it won't be safe if a bad patched disc is played..

QUOTE(sweenish @ Oct 4 2010, 10:23 PM) i wasn't aware that the slim 360's had LT. either i'm behind the times, or the people asking are just as clueless as the OP

I'm not aware of this either. Last I heard was that it has been hacked from a repable soure and a poc vid has been uploaded. But Im not sure if it is a hardware hack or firmware hack. Nothing has been released either... that I'm aware of.

purplesludge

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maz7006 said:
installing games still requires for disc to be in the 360 (yet it doesn't spin)

wait for what happens then, i mean if LT users get banned then you can confirm that it will be just better for you to wait

i mean LT is only if you have intention for online play, also with LT you must burn your games in a specific way, must check and make sure they are split vid. through abgx

I didn't flash the xbox myself I just traded for it.

As for burning games in a specific way is that so that they will play or so that I won't get banned?

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
purplesludge said:
As for burning games in a specific way is that so that they will play or so that I won't get banned?
I would get ABGX360GUI and verify the ISO (all green upon verification) before burning. It will also automatically create a .dvd file to create the proper layer break. Get the best burning media available (Verbatim is the prefferred brand) and burn at 2.4x speed (some people burn fast and have had no problems but it is not recommended).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You're as loved as much as Juan now enjoy it +1