Hacking GHWT update workaround

Patelitojoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to update my Wii, but the only way to play GHWT is to update it. I used the Starfall update skip but I get a BSOD. IS anybody else having this problem? Does anyone have a solution that doesn't involved updating the Wii?

Dark_anth

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow simple solution. Geko region free. it skips updating!
smile.gif
hope that i helped

Patelitojoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already skipped the update. The game doesn't work without it. My problem now is getting the game to work without the update.

Arek1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had no problem brickblocking the game... But I did run the shop channel update and IOS51 update first maybe that's it.... But I doubt GH:WT would have the newest update but maybe it does because of the music store...

sum182

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did the shop and ios51 fix and it ran fine with GeckoOS. Not the backuploader version, the normal one

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
all games to date are fine to update(even if it installs to 3.3) because the newest 3.3v2 update was issued on the 23rd of oct. i think the newes game that will have it will be disaster day of crysis(in the UK at least) anything game from november id say will have the newest update

Patelitojoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After a few minutes of playing the game it all of a sudden stopped working on me. Are there any patches for the backup loader I can use? Does gecko os have a wad?

Patelitojoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help but I have it working. I'm going to blame my media. The games works when I run it from Gecko OS using a dvdrw+ burnt at 2.4x and not with my TY dvd-rs. So case closed. Thanks for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1