GOG Winter Sale starts today; includes limited-time game giveaway

GOG_Winter_Sale_2020.png

GOG is getting in the festive mood with its Winter Sale. Starting today and running until January 4th, 2021, 2 PM UTC, the digital distribution platform is hosting over 3,300 gaming deals up to 91% off. Some of the highlights include:
  • New releases: Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey (-60%), Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (-60%), The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series (-40%), and Shing! (-50%)
  • Game collections, including The Witcher Universe Collection with additional discounts when you complete the series, Paradox and Devolver publisher bundles, genre collections, and more
  • First-ever 15% off discount for recently re-released KONAMI classics, including METAL GEAR SOLID and Silent Hill 4: The Room
To kick off the event, GOG is also giving away the award-winning management sim Prison Architect for the next 72 hours. The platform also announced that "more deals and cool surprises" will be announced in the coming weeks.

For more information about discounted games, head to GOG.com to check out the Winter Sale deals which runs until 4th January 2021, 2 PM UTC.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You know, true giveaway would be untethered to mandatory launcher apps. Like some humble bundle or indiegala. Just saying. :ninja:
Uhhhh, you realise GOG is DRM free right? The launcher is optional.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You know, true giveaway would be untethered to mandatory launcher apps. Like some humble bundle or indiegala. Just saying. :ninja:
Just saying : humble bundle ties you to the mandatory launcher app called steam. Unless you know something I don't, GoG's galaxy is optional.

Darthagnon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't use Steam or Playnite or Galaxy or Epic launchers. Just feels kinda pointless to put a slow-loading GUI between me and my offline single player games (I don't play online). Only launcher I'll be using is Game Backup Manager v1.25 (once it launches), because I already use it to backup my saves, and it's fast C#, not slow laggy Electron.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario.