Emulation Gaming Homebrew Good PSX games playable on Wiistation

5witchy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wiistation's compatibility list is kind of a mess right now and there's not a lot of Youtube videos about it so why not make a thread to grasp things better.

I know that Ridge Racer, Castlevania SOTN, the Crash trilogy and the GTA duology are playable with little to no slowdowns, but not much else.

Anyone who fiddles around with the emulator can feel free to comment playable games, especially after updates. (Wiistation 1.0 at the time of making this post)

Reactions: Aeredren

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Do you have the PSX BIOS files and enabled (configured) WiiStation to use BIOS files instead of HLE?

Darn, people need to read the README of WiiStation about BIOS files...
Post automatically merged:

I forgot to say, Hot Wheels Turbo Racing on PS1 is now playable on WiiStation too.

5witchy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you have the PSX BIOS files and enabled (configured) WiiStation to use BIOS files instead of HLE?

Darn, people need to read the README of WiiStation about BIOS files...
Post automatically merged:

I forgot to say, Hot Wheels Turbo Racing on PS1 is now playable on WiiStation too.

Yes I did set the BIOS file in the settings, but the emulator is still tied to the limits of the Wii and the developer's work. Everyone must set it nonetheless !

Hey, this Hot Wheels game seems pretty good. Complex controls, secret paths and cars, a METALLICA SONG??

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ugh, what an edgy thread.
Anyway... seems that "Good PSX" games is a bit too ambiguous.
What do you mean by "Good"? By the contents of this thread, "Good" means: "Give me a list of compatible games"
In a more traditional sense, you can't go wrong with classics, because that's why they're classics.

Megaman, Castlevania, Crash, Tomb Raider... yeah, playable in both WiiStation and WiiSXRX (Still can't quite decide on which to use as both features sort of the same problems with some games)

Aside of that, it really depens on your own taste.
To me, Sexy Parodius is a good game. Marchen Adventure Cotton 100% is another good game.
Broken Sword is another good game. Skull Monkeys? Gooood. Klonoa? Gooood too.

As for survivial horror classics such as Resident Evil, Silent Hill... yeah, both are unplayable in my experience with both emulators which is a shame.

5witchy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ugh, what an edgy thread.
Anyway... seems that "Good PSX" games is a bit too ambiguous.
What do you mean by "Good"? By the contents of this thread, "Good" means: "Give me a list of compatible games"
In a more traditional sense, you can't go wrong with classics, because that's why they're classics.

Megaman, Castlevania, Crash, Tomb Raider... yeah, playable in both WiiStation and WiiSXRX (Still can't quite decide on which to use as both features sort of the same problems with some games)

Aside of that, it really depens on your own taste.
To me, Sexy Parodius is a good game. Marchen Adventure Cotton 100% is another good game.
Broken Sword is another good game. Skull Monkeys? Gooood. Klonoa? Gooood too.

As for survivial horror classics such as Resident Evil, Silent Hill... yeah, both are unplayable in my experience with both emulators which is a shame.
In that case, this word basically means "no crap like Ford Racing or Puma Street Soccer".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU