Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
using a backup manager :
Internal -> External = auto-splitting
External -> Internal = auto-merging

but on computer you need to do it manually : full game split version for external HDD.

When in split form, you can't run the game. you need to put in on Internal first.

Bloodgod

嵐の王
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Confused already.

So GT5 finished getting copied to external via Disk->external. Gia/MultiMan both say I can't launch game in split form (WTF?)

QUOTE said:
When in split form, you can't run the game. you need to put in on Internal first.

I'm doing that now, but doesn't that mean I'll have two copies of the same game and having external HDD useless.

Edit: So I think I'm getting this now. the external HDD is pretty much used as a bridge to transfer into internal?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The external is a bridge only for games with files >4GB.
Many games don't have big files, and can be launched from the external without problem.

If the game folder start with an underscore (or is grey'd out in the manager), then there are split files inside, and you need to put it on internal.
There's no way, for the moment, to merge the files in real time (on disk access while playing). the files have to be full length before launching the game.

Bloodgod

嵐の王
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Easy enough. Thanks Cyan.

ETA 23min for DS2. Hopefully my DL'd game will post good results like my disk -> backup test run

edit:

Used ps3splitter instead of the prog Cyan posted. Split DS2 and was going to install it in internal HDD. But the game runs fine in split mode/external HDD. 0.0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3