I_Got_Wii'D

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Step One - I downloaded djtaz's Backup Launcher Setup (That allows for using both backup loaders at once). I got it from Here.

Step Two - Then I put all the files onto my SD Card.

Step Three - I used the directions to get both backup loaders working at once

(Again credit goes to djtarz)

QUOTE said:
uninstalled dvdx using wad manager
then uninstalled ios 249 + ios 247 with any title deleter,
and uninstalled backup loader channels with wadmanager.
then i installed cios_fix wad,from the original zip v0.1 very bottom of this page and taz's signature
then installed dvdx to ios249,
then installed Loader_Channel0.1.wad.
rebooted wii, tested 0.1 loader channel and booted patched quantum of solace pal, and it worked
. then i went on to install ios 247,
then installed WiiGeeLoaderios247-2channelsatonce.wad,
rebooted and tested 0.3 loader with 1:1 monopoly pal, and that game worked.
tested 0.1 with q.o.s. again and worked..both loaders working together..

Step Four - I got my backup's of Okami (PAL) and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed(PAL) using the Backup Creator (GUI), I patched both of the ISO files.

Step Five - Using IMGburn I burnt both of the now patched ISO files. Of course using the "DVD-Rom" Book Type. (For what its worth, Okami was burnt on a Verbatium DVD-R, & Okami was burnt on a Imation DVD+R)

Now onto loading the games:

In order for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed(PAL) to run, You will need to use the Backup Loader 0.1. Run it with Force NTSC.

In order for Okami (PAL) to run, You will need to use the WiiGee Backup Loader (0.3). Run it with Force NTSC.

That is all that I had to do.

Okami runs at 100%, no skiping on the intro at all. There was also no problem with saving or loading saved files.

I hope this is new and not just a re-post but either way. They work and thats all that matters.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nice! Here's a cookie!

cookie-bite-web.jpg
(srry I took a bite
tongue.gif
)

I_Got_Wii'D

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
No, all the games are in plain old english. Non of that gibberish about fish and chips, lol.

seriously tho. The games are exactly the same as the NTSC counter-parts, just a different region is all.

I_Got_Wii'D

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Nope no lags on Okami at all (maybe a second or two of lag here or there in cinama's). But never any lag at all during gameplay.

I may have mixed up which launcher you need to play Okami tho, so if it don't work on the 0.1 just try the 0.3 (sorry I was stoned at the time of writing the guide, lol).

but Okami finally works....which is bad freakin ass.

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i believe that okami does not skip on .1 because in the beggining there are no fmv scenes but i can't explain star wars are you sure star wars was on .3? P.S. its djtaz

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
if i like it i will support it i think more 3rd party good ones like crash mind over mutant and destroy all humans should be released will try it and if its sweet I WILL support it because well...I LIKE SEQUELS!
tongue.gif
ohmy.gif
biggrin.gif

Finally got this to work i didn't realize i needed just ios247 installer not ios249 really since cios fix IS? 249? i would guess?

I_Got_Wii'D

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
"vettacossx" - I had the no dvd playing issue at first, just make sure you follow all the directions (I had to use no title deleter to remove the two cios's, then installed everything again and it worked fine).

blitzer320 - actually sitting here typing this, you are right, load star wars from the 0.1 (I am sorry about that confusion, im slacking, lol)

any other question or comments? feel free to post them, and I will respond asap.

and remember folks tho I may have figured out this and got Okami to work, without " djtaz" I would never have been able to do it. So djtaz, thank you very much for putting together that sweet ass All-In-One backup channel zip folder. You're the man.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
I've given up on the Backup channel - keep getting the DVD ident error.

The ISO's I used are floating around a respectable website. (full iso's unmodified)
Used TDK DVD-R's, burning 16x, 8x & 1x respectively.

Sick of creating coasters - so I've removed it from my Wii until this is solved with an update (existing updates (cios read-retryfix etc.) do NOT solve the issue)).

I_Got_Wii'D

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Fission I have a couple of questions for you.

1) Are you patching you're ISO's before you burn them?

2) What program are you using to burn them

3) Are you burning them using "Book Type - DVD-Rom" (If they are not in DVD-Rom Booktype they WILL NOT work

and finally, are you following the step by step dircetions I posted? If so it will all work just fine.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
I_Got_Wii'D said:
Fission I have a couple of questions for you.

3) Are you burning them using "Book Type - DVD-Rom" (If they are not in DVD-Rom Booktype they WILL NOT work

and finally, are you following the step by step dircetions I posted? If so it will all work just fine.

No just the image I downloaded

IMGBurn doesn't recognize the disc - DVD decrypter does (or the other way around - basically if I load it into Magic Iso it errors with not a valid image)

I read that the 'Book Type - DVD-Rom' applied to DVD+R's

here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=432...st&p=564455

I guess that must be the main problem - different 'tutorials' different 'methods'

I haven't tried your method though.

I_Got_Wii'D

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok well try this (step for step, don't leave anything out).

(little side note - You may want to first double check that the game ISO that you have is compatiable with one of the ISO loader Channels)

Step One -
Using a Backup Creator (Look for the GUI edition, You will need the "Common-Key.bin" file tho). Double Click on the "Backup Creator" icon. Using the "browse" window that will open, look for your game's "ISO" file.

Once you select it click the "open" button.

Step Two - Once it is all done, you will have yourself a new ISO file. This new file will be 3.99gig and will have "(Converted)" at the end of the file name.

Step Three - Open the program you will use to burn the ISO file (either IMGburn or DVD decrypter).

Step Four - Now browse for you're Converted ISO file and select it.

Step Five - Setup the program to burn in the Book Type of DVD-Rom.

Step Six - Burn the Converted ISO file to you're blank DVD. When IMGburn first gets ready to start the burn process, if you toward the bottom of the lower window. It will say Book Type: "Selected Book Type" (Here it will tell you what booktype you have selected the burner to use).

Step Seven - When it is done burning (again, so long as the correct booktype has been selected), You will have a working backup game disc.

Now so long as you have you're backup loader installed on you're Nintendo Wii, Just go to the approriate Channel (Either the Backup loader 0.1 or WiiGee Loader 0.3), and load the game with the correct settings.

Any game from the US region will play with the default settings

Any game from the PAL region You will have to Force NTSC from the Config Menu of the backup loader you are using.

This should do it for ya buddy. Enjoy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Well then.. Go wash your clothes to make it all perfect :D