Hacking Got my CycloDS - what are the next steps?

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So my cart finally arrived, a month later than it should have been. I'm not sure what to do next. When I had my EZ Flash V I had to format the microsd using a cli because windows wouldn't format it right. Anyway, I have a CycloDS and a Class 4 8GB San Disk Ultra I believe. I'm on Win 7 Ultimate.

I@ve read some of the topics, but I'm just looking for a quick guide to start as it didn't come with one.

I assume it would be something like:

1) Format Micro SD using Panasonic Formatter tool (google right?)
2) Put ROMS on the microSD
3) Update the firmware to the latest one (not sure how to do this yet - google again?)
4) Add skins to microsd if desired (again not sure on this)

I also want to know how to use RTS on the cart, as I believe it allows this function, yes? I Have 0 interest in cheats so that doesnt' bother me, homebrew is also not really of interest - I Have other devices that do what I want them to do better than the HB on the DS, so I am only using it for gaming.

Any tips or links I Should check out in order to get back to playing DS games again (I haven't touched my DS in nearly two years, so I assume I've missed a couple of games).

thanks in advance

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Link. That is the latest (beta) firmware. Download it, and put the update.evo file in the root of your MicroSD card. For RTS, when you've selected the game you want it on, open the menu by tapping it on the touch screen, left bottom of the screen or by pressing the Y button. From there, Manage Saves, and use Create RTS. Launch the game. When you want to use RTS, press L, R, X, A, Y and B at the same time. Then use Realtime Save and Realtime Load.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Use vB.3 or v1.59 stable. The only difference is that the GUI has been improved in vB.3, but it's still in beta test phase

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sweet let the copying commence
biggrin.gif

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sorry to be a pain in the ass, 2 last questions really

when I copy games to the sd card do they have to be in root or can they be in a folder?
when I format the sd card do I have to use the panasonic app or can I just format it fat32 or something, as I use linux not windows

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, they can be in the root, or they can be in folders, but don't put them in the CycloDS folder, or any hidden/system folders, as you won't be able to access them.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Personally I'd say skip the skin for now.

Most skins made by fellow users today don't take into consideration of what should be correct backgrounds and the correct fonts.

I can download a Miku-theme and the text/borders will be the same color as most of the background making it really tough to read.

Yeah they look neat but I have to squint all the time on custom-skins. God help me if I want cheats.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Forgot to buy BBQ sauce at the store so made my own ffs
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Blues Hog BBQ sauces are pretty good.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My insurance has a thing where if I do a virtual visit they'll just send me a $100 gift card to Walmart I'm about to sell a company my medical history for $100 lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My insurance has a thing called, " Nope, we aren't paying for that." that they like to use on us all the time. Then we play the "Ok we will go to some other insurance company." then they miraculously say ok we will pay for that.
  • The_Dizzy_Vizzy @ The_Dizzy_Vizzy:
    Well look at what the cat dragged in!!!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey, do you feel any older?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No I don't
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, not right now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 That's my phrase, stop it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your phrase is I'm not drunk
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I feel a discomfort in my throat
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    BigOnYa after a long day.
  • AlbertJulian @ AlbertJulian:
    I got scammed last year by some internet fraudsters who made away with my crypto worth $210,000.I almost lost my life because i was so frustrated and was depressed..5 months ago a friend introduced me to {Assets lab} a crypto recovery company.At first i was very scared because then i was afraid because of the bad experience i had ..Three months ago i decided to contact {Assets lab} and I made my complain to them and they took some information and assured me that they will assist me recover my crypto .. They helped me throughout the process and so far so good they have recovered 95 % of the money that was stolen from me..Today am a happy woman and i will continue to spread the good news.. Contact {Assets lab} for any of your funds lost to scams.. They are the best..Below is their contact informaation Name : ASSETS LAB RECOVERYEmail: [email protected] / Whatsapp: +17126004729Telegram: @Assets_labWebsite: https://lab-assets.tech/
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Reported
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mario kart 8s been out ten years now due for a 9 any time soon
    +1
  • DTApple @ DTApple:
    Maybe in the upcoming Direct?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably saving it for a switch 2 announcement
    +2
  • DTApple @ DTApple:
    Ay!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @DTApple, gonna download the gdevelop app cuz sometimes i don't have the chance to use my pc
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And I also got an idea for another game
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    A rythm space shooter
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: A rythm space shooter