Hardware Got to update to play Isos?

damole

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using my friend's Wii to try out some games, but when the game loads and is on Wii menu, it says that a system update is required to play. He doesn't want to risk updating, thinking it might screw up his wii. Anyways, he nor I have any idea what chip his Wii is modded with. Any ideas? His other burned games work, but the ones I tried aren't working, gives the update screen.

damole

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, as far as I or he knows, it's some internal chip thing. He modded at one of them asian stores, so it's okay to update?

damole

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, we did it and it worked. My friend just doesn't know anything about his Wii and what it's modded with, so he was worried. Thanks for the help.

recacer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaniKazmi said:
If he is chipped, not using a softmod or any other homebrew, then updating will make no difference.

seriously? i have had to pass on playing a handful of b/ups because i got the "must update" message. fearing i would harm my wii, i simply tossed those b/ups in the trash. currently using d2pro9/wiikey on 3.2u.

i wont have any issues going through with any of those "must update" processes?

thanks.

recacer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well call me a homo and slap my cock!

all those discs i trashed i could've actually played?! dammit!

thanks for the heads up.

SirTempest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
homo, i'll slap your cock
wink.gif

i can confirm, that firmware updates won't affect the d2pro. i also have one and it works like a charm

onad0301

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey recacer...i have the same chip ....and threw a few out myself...actually was looking at soft mod to use a usb hdd for playing those games

let me know how it works out for you

Thanx Onad

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
While the operation of the chip itself will not be influenced by updates, it could make the use of homebrew (or the downgrade to use homebrew features such as trucha signing) more difficult in the future. Therefore it is advisable that instead of doing updates via Nintendo channels, one just uses his preferred installer to install the missing IOS versions to his/her Wii. Old IOSes need and should not be updated, as the only meaningful updates that have ever come to IOS are the fixing of said exploit and the complete crippling of System Menu IOSes to prevent or complicate system menu downgrades.

recacer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys... finally went ahead and inserted mario power tennis and accepted the update. everything went through. the game played fine. and after doing so, i tried resort and bday bash and they also loaded fine.

and just we're clear... i have no intention on ever using any type of soft mod.

oh, and im not a homo... i just play one on tv.
thgrandpa.gif

onad0301

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so racacer....glad everything went fine....just wondering what firmware your wii is at now?

also...Fat D...if i were to installl hbc and bootmi...make a backup of my nand....take all my updates...could i reverse the firmware back some time in the future no problems?

Thanx Onad

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Retrievil said:
You can safely update if all you use is a chip (hard mod) as a backup method.

Updating is only a problem when you are soft modded.

So far.. but then so far updating is fine if you are soft modded. You can install everything you need on 4.1. Updating only stops softcorp, but you can reinstall that again if you must.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, it was maybe funny the third or fourth time companies did it +1