OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
47803079.jpg

QUOTE said:
The game is centered around an 'open-ended' design. There's no career mode, with the single-player menu simply presenting players with three variables: Mode selection (Time Trial, Single Race and Drift Trial), Car Selection and Track Selection. The player can to pick and choose circuits and vehicles, with credits earned based on the difficulty, performance and number of laps they have chosen. Players can select from any number of laps, 1 to 120. There are 45 tracks (including layout variations) plus the added bonus of reverse, which takes the track number to 70.

Gran Turismo features over 800 vehicles, each modelled and specced on their real life counterparts. Players will start with a low powered car, but can upgrade as they go. The dealerships available change after each race, so players won't always be able to buy what they are looking for.

For multi-player, players have access to four-player local wireless play across a handful of modes, with various options that allow players of all skill types to play together. There's no online play nor are there any online leaderboards for time trial times or the ability to share ghost laps with other players.

General Features

* Developed by Polyphony Digital Inc. for PSP -- Gran Turismo's debut on PSP is developed by the internal team behind the world's best-selling racing series.

* Over 800 vehicle models -- Players can race their favorite vehicles from the top manufacturers around the globe, including Ferrari, Nissan, and more. The vehicle model count climbs to over 4,500 when the various paint configurations are included.

* Over 30 Tracks from Around the World -- Famous circuits and some of the favorite environments from the Gran Turismo series have been optimized for racing on PSP.

* Share and Trade Vehicles with Others -- For the first time in the Gran Turismo series, players can share and trade the vehicles they have acquired throughout the game with others via PSP's ad hoc mode. Certain vehicles will be acquired by trade only, so players will want to trade and share in order to virtually drive all of the meticulously designed vehicle models.

* Dynamic Vehicle Roster -- Based on the amount of time Gran Turismo is played, the in-game calendar will change the dealer car lineup seasonally.

Gran Turismo  Sony Computer Entertainment

supplier ..... Mr X publisher ... sce
store date ... 01/10/09 developer ... polyphony
release date . 25/09/09 files ....... 65x15

R E L E A S E N O T E S :

http://psp.ign.com/objects/682/682963.html

G R O U P N O T E S:
Yeah its finally here... unfortunately its another
5.55 required game.
unknown if it works on 5.50 GEN yet...

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"* Dynamic Vehicle Roster -- Based on the amount of time Gran Turismo is played, the in-game calendar will change the dealer car lineup seasonally."

That reminds me of Wagamama Fashion: Girl's Mode (Style Savvy) for the DS. I'm wondering if you can trick it by messing with the PSP's clock.

Either way it sounds like a pretty cool system to get people to try out new cars. DeTomaso Pantera GTS, I choose you!

EDIT: Also, drift mode has me excited. It may mean better physics after all!

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
themuddaload said:
just a question... are you able to upgrade the vehicles? or just drive them? major bummer if you cant do any upgrading and tuning... that was the whole point of the only GT ive played (GT3)

You can tune the cars, but you can't buy upgrades/parts like in the other GT games. If you liked the 'take a weak car and slowly upgrade it and make it powerful' gameplay that GT has always given, you'll be disappointed with this one.

Asterisk614

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i havent tried it but with the MGS Demo i was able to change the version.txt to be able to play ther higher firmware games. I don't remember the website but if you search for version.txt 5.55 you should be able to find something.

Sinistral89

Trophies
XP
Country
DS1 said:
"* Dynamic Vehicle Roster -- Based on the amount of time Gran Turismo is played, the in-game calendar will change the dealer car lineup seasonally."

That reminds me of Wagamama Fashion: Girl's Mode (Style Savvy) for the DS. I'm wondering if you can trick it by messing with the PSP's clock.

I have heard that it is "Ingame" days. Not real days.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sinistral89 said:
DS1 said:

I have heard that it is "Ingame" days. Not real days.

Oh ok, so like how certain tracks would unlock after a certain number of in-game days in GT4. That'd be good because I'm not a huge fan of having to check the game every two days to see if there's a car I want.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS1 said:
OK, just for those who were still considering buying this, the track list is EXACTLY the same as GT4. Nothing new, nothing from GT5 Prologue.

it was originally called GT4 PSP or something like that so not surprised.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/P1hdZ8h