Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was playing GTA on my Acekard 2i with AKAIO multiplayer with my cousin who has YSmenu on his R4(original). It started up fine but after 3 seconds it just said connection failed please try again... I know its not the R4s problem because I also have a R4 and I tried the game with my R4 and his R4 both with YSmenu and it worked fine...

By the way the settings on the Gta was Defualt for Download Play and then I switched it to Enable and it still didn't work.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please does anyone have a Solution to this? I really want to play Multiplayer with my friend without using my R4 and using the Acekard.

Norrmatt or Smith can you fix this?

toymin80r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a topic that gives links to different versions of Chinatown Wars, but i'm too lazy to find it. Also, i have the rom and last time i checked, online didn't work, so i'm doubting that the multiplayer works for me. (I also have AKAIO on the Acekard 2i that I use).

o2oxygen

Trophies
XP
Country
i also experienced this we were about to play Final Fantasy CCRF and wanted to play multiplay my 2 friends had a DS Phat with R4 on it im the only one having a DSi and an Acekard (AKAIO Firmware) so then when they created the room for multi player they saw each other but mine doesnt detect the room that they have created so i cant join. we put the acekard on 1 of the DS Phat and tried to connect the 2 DS Phat and still the acekard didnt detect the room that was created so im sure that its not the DSi, R4 and DS Phat fault. because the 2 r4 can play together but my acekard cant join their game. we tried other game we played Mario Cart and it worked the 3 of us were playing but for the final fantasy it didnt work. is there any solutions for this kind of error? can anyone pls help? thanks in advance

feds4u

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Its the Acekard's fault.

I have at my disposal two Acekards and two of every DS. I've tried a number of Local Wifi Multiplayer games and none of them worked. Even stupid crap like Zoo Keeper. Basically someone already brought this problem to the attention of the forum but I doubt anything will be done. Until then I'm looking for another flash cart. Maybe you should do the same?

PaRaLLeL22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You whiners should stop whining and start learning instead. Go to the Rom settings and play around the save type. That should get it to work. Wifi on GTA:CW works for me on "Unknown/Auto" setting but not with the other save types.

o2oxygen

Trophies
XP
Country
guys ok i already know the solution for my problem. my cousin was using a Final Fantasy EURO region and i was using US region so that is the reason why we cant connoct to play multi player game. thanks for the help tough
yaynds.gif

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
jakob95 said:
You don't connect online stupid. I was talking about DS to DS.
>implying that the wireless in the DS isn't used for both DS to DS connectivity and WiFi connectivity.

GTA:CW shits all over any cart, just don't go around complaining and wanting a fix. Learn to program and make your own if you are so desperate.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Inter-flash cart wireless play sometimes just does not work. This could depend on the game you're trying to play. For example, I have a CycloDS and an R4i, and plenty of games work (Soma Bringer, FFCC, Mario Kart, Metroid Hunters), but Super Mario 64 DS does not work for some reason.

And you can't expect one team to fix it because it's not exactly their problem, and they can just blame the other flash cart team.

However, flash cart with real game and flash cart with same flash cart should always work.

Also, make sure you both have the same version of the ROM, because there are many pre-patched versions running around (for GTA).

PaRaLLeL22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
You don't connect online stupid. I was talking about DS to DS.

hey dumbass, how do you think DS to DS connect either way? Bluetooth? Infrared? before you call anyone stupid get you facts straightened out first. Your DS connects using Wifi/ Wireless frequency even if it's not online (infrastructure). in your case it connects using Wifi but on an AD-HOC connection

o2oxygen

Trophies
XP
Country
like what i said. if your connecting to DS -> DS even with diffrent carts example Acekard and R4 it should work. just be sure you have the same Region of the Game. example GTA U will not fit on GTA E. i tried this with FinalFantasy Ring of Fates. My FFRF is a US Region and im using Acekard and my friends FFRF is EUro and they us R4 at first we cant connect DS to DS then i tried copying their game so now we have FFRF E on my Acekard and FFRF E on R4 and it works perfectly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I was adding some stuff to my gdevelop project and I couldnt save it cuz there was a power outage and thus no internet
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I was adding some stuff to my gdevelop project and I couldnt save it cuz there was a power...