GTA Offline

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
If the servers are maxed out and it's still impossible to get a single mission with more than 3 players then this game will never be good. Most of the free roaming on multiplayer is dumb too. Just people randomly attacking each other. I mean I've done it to but it just becomes premptive striking.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
If the servers are maxed out and it's still impossible to get a single mission with more than 3 players then this game will never be good. Most of the free roaming on multiplayer is dumb too. Just people randomly attacking each other. I mean I've done it to but it just becomes premptive striking.

Yeah, the furthest I've ever gotten is auto-walking into the big blue circle and then waiting for hours for the race to actually start. I've pretty much given up on it at this point, I'm back on FF14 while I wait for Rockstar to fix this shit.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got online, did a few missions, bought some new guns and such. It's definitely meant to be played with friends, because every asshole is just driving around "the lobby" as I call it, not going into missions, and killing people.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll tell you, Playing with a crew is the absolute best.
Especially since when you are with your friends, and you're all together in a vehicle, you appear as one dot, so if some asshole rounds a corner and is like "immmma getcha", you get to give them the biggest scare ever as you barrel around a corner with 4 psychopaths firing sun machine guns at the same time.

SRSLY
ONLINE IS AMAZING
;O;

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So... people are able to log on now, they just can't finish the very first tutorial mission unless they re-try a number of times plus the servers continue to be unstable?

Well... some fixes are better than no fixes at all, but I'm going to treat this as a "Status Update" rather than a complete solution to the array of problems the game is suffering from right now.

In any case, the update is now added to the article.
Update -- 5:30 PM ET 10/3/13:
  • We're currently working on a title update for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 to address commonly reported issues with GTA Online. We hope to have it out for download as soon as tomorrow.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The day and afternoon of Online's release, it acted like a basic free mode. You weed able to rob stores, kill and steal, the usual. Then later that night, the story kicked in for my online game. Still can't get past the first mission loading screen. Well this will give me more time to finish the story.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I finished the game yesterday after 40hrs or so but the game update earlier in the week messed up my game making it impossible for me to get 100% completion.
I really enjoyed the game and some of the heists were amazing, it is also the first GTA I have ever finished despite playing every game in the series. By the end of the game I'd made 350million dollars on the stocks!
I haven't played it online as didn't want to risk my sp game getting bugged, which it did anyway!

I'm now going to ebay the game with the preorder DLC if anyone is interested in buying send me a PM!
If the rumor of a next gen version is true I'll pick it up again for PS4 and go for the 100%.
Outstanding game, easy 9/10 and that's just for single player!

-Edit-
A new title update for the PS3 mp has just gone live. 360 should be 'soon'.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I finished the game yesterday after 40hrs or so but the game update earlier in the week messed up my game making it impossible for me to get 100% completion.
I really enjoyed the game and some of the heists were amazing, it is also the first GTA I have ever finished despite playing every game in the series. By the end of the game I'd made 350million dollars on the stocks!
I haven't played it online as didn't want to risk my sp game getting bugged, which it did anyway!

I'm now going to ebay the game with the preorder DLC if anyone is interested in buying send me a PM!
If the rumor of a next gen version is true I'll pick it up again for PS4 and go for the 100%.
Outstanding game, easy 9/10 and that's just for single player!

-Edit-
A new title update for the PS3 mp has just gone live. 360 should be 'soon'.

I'm with you there. First GTA game I ever finished and loved it. I ended up with 1.6billion dollars at the end of the game, and the heists were definitely the high point. I loved the one where you walk out with a minigun covered in armor.

But for some reason, the updates haven't been needed for me. Yeah I get them, but the game has been working flawlessly the last two days.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also happy birthday @Xdqwerty