Hacking [Guide] Amarokz Softmod Wii 4.2 Guide v1.0

cywongkelvin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
yes you can do it from where you are email for the files and follow the modify 4.2 section skip the homebrew channel and nand backup steps and start from the TBR steps if you've already got he HBC and a nand backup
Thanks again.
I will try this:D

tautline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the guide - it has been very helpful. I have gotten to the point of "remove ios249 with wad manger".

3 scenarios of what is happening:
1. load bootmii from home button. Says "IOS successfully installed, sdio startup () rv=o, fat_driver: disk init failed, please insert sd card, failed to load boot.dol from front sd card reader. The last 4 lines repeatedy scroll until restart console.
2. launch WAD manager 1.4 from HBC or from SD card. Says select source device , press A. Select A and it returns [+] mounting device, please wait ... ERROR! (ret=-1), press any button to continue. You can continue to press A with the same results or exit back to the HBC.
3. launch WAD manager 1.5 from HBC. Says select IOS version to use . Can scroll through a list of IOS numbers but it initially comes uo at IOS249. When I click A (default is IOS249), the WAD manager screen stays up but locks up. Can no longer scroll nor do anything until hard reboot the console.

Any suggestions are very appreciated.

sebby.26

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey

So I followed the guide succesfully up until the Backup Loaders with Wad Management.
There, when i go to install NeoGamma R7.wad and USB loader GX.wad i get "installing ticket... ERROR! (ret = -2011)"

Help!

Also, any help on how i can play DVD on my Wii?

JustJoeKing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sebby, I had the same problem when trying to install those same wads.
So as on page 9, I believe, where you change boot.dol to boot_wadmanager.dol and cIOS38_rev14-Installer.dol to boot.dol; I redid this step backwards after installing cIOS38-rev14, and i changed boot_wadmanager.dol back to boot.dol
Then take it back to the Wii, launch Bootmii from the home button inside the HBC and install the wads.
As of now, NeoGamma will still not install. Though, I have gotten USB Loader GX to install.

Update: NeoGamma R7 would not install kept getting error 1022.
Couldn't exactly find a fix for it so instead, I just downloaded a NeoGamma R8 Beta15.wad
I'm playing on a backed up disc as of now and it's working just fine.

adje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
crazyjoezx said:
now im on page 8 with with the Dop-IOS
when its trying to look for IOS53 on line it doesnt go past "Initializing Network....." and the whole thing freezes
so im starting to think i have a issue with these apps getting on line on my net work..
either way i can just use NUSD to download these to a WAD like in step 1 in the guide for IOS249?

thanks again for the help!

EDIT:
I tired the NUSD work around but Dop-IOS said it still couldnt find the file on the SD ... I named it "IOS53.wad"

I have the same problem, it freezes at "Initializing Network....." when looking for IOS53. How did you solve it?
Thanks in advance.

adje

PS
(I have firmware 4.2e)

adje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
adje said:
crazyjoezx said:
now im on page 8 with with the Dop-IOS
when its trying to look for IOS53 on line it doesnt go past "Initializing Network....." and the whole thing freezes
so im starting to think i have a issue with these apps getting on line on my net work..
either way i can just use NUSD to download these to a WAD like in step 1 in the guide for IOS249?

thanks again for the help!

EDIT:
I tired the NUSD work around but Dop-IOS said it still couldnt find the file on the SD ... I named it "IOS53.wad"

I have the same problem, it freezes at "Initializing Network....." when looking for IOS53. How did you solve it?
Thanks in advance.

adje

PS
(I have firmware 4.2e)

I have fixed it. Used the NUSD to download the IOS files. But not save it as WAD. Copy the files to the SD card in a directory structure like: SD:00000010000035\v5149\ (for IOS53 v5149). Now DOP-IOS can find the files and does not look on the network.

WraithGR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey Amarok,

just wanted to say after almost half a day searching around different guides and "complete" solutions, your pdf was what got things working properly on my wii. Thanks!

oden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Amarok,

I followed your guide, v1.1 to hack my wii and it worked great for few months. That was very enjoyable, tnx.
Yesterday I installed a new game WAD and immediately restarted my wii. Since then when turning the wii on it presents the health screen (a bit flickering), and after clicking "A", I get 2 secs of menu music and black screen.

I backed up my NAND regularly.
Please note that I updated my wii to 4.2 before following your procedure, so I don't know if bootmii is installed on boot2 or how can I recover my wii.
Looked anywhere for answers by I found no answers for this situation. I'll highly appreciate it if you can assist.

Thanks you in advanced,
Oden

Sounnga

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't do anything on my 4.2U firmware, can anyone help me?
I assume it's because I used to have cIOSCORP with the GH5 fix, but then had my Wii upgraded to 4.2U.
Everytime I start the Hackmii installer it tells me there is no vulnerable IOS installed on the Wii.
I'm using all the files in this guide, except I changed the Hackmii installer to 0.6.
Any help would be appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol