Hacking [Guide] Fully Softmod Any Wii (everything you need)

tcd311

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so i'm in the process of patching my IOS36, when I get to the "set revison to 0" part it errors?? What am I doing wrong? I have menu 4.2 and am using TBR version 1.0. Should I try a different version of TBR or should I try WAD file creation instead of downloading them via NUS or what? All help greatly appreciated.

Oh and If I missed any important details, just ask.

tcd311

smileysun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay new to this site and looking for help. Previosly I used tehskeen for help but they are no longer there.
I have a soft mod 3.4u system with pre-loader and I need to update. When I installed pre-loader my system menu was corrupt and I was told to change an ios in the settings and that fixed it. Now that tehskeen is off line I don't have the archives to go back to
frown.gif

So are there any recomendations on how to safely update my system.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
smileysun said:
Okay new to this site and looking for help. Previosly I used tehskeen for help but they are no longer there.
I have a soft mod 3.4u system with pre-loader and I need to update. When I installed pre-loader my system menu was corrupt and I was told to change an ios in the settings and that fixed it. Now that tehskeen is off line I don't have the archives to go back to
frown.gif

So are there any recomendations on how to safely update my system.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 all you'll need to update to 4.2 and Modify the wii

martin_8

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Startedscar said:
Hey guys!

I think I bricked my wii, and yes, It was probably my own stupid fault. I did all the steps in the guide skipping the NAND part (which I realise was stupid now). In the step called "Installing PreLoader and new cIOS" I installed the cIOS 0.29 and then tried to update it to cIOS 0.30. when nothing happened I read on the forum that the updater didn't work so I tried canceling the update and eventually turned of the wii. Now when I turn the console on I go into the cIOS 0.29 menu. When I select system menu from there I get the "system files may be corrupted..." error that I've seen in a few youtube-videos with bricked wiis.

Can someone please help me. I would be grateful forever
tongue.gif

Hi Staredscar,
I got the same problem with you. But I finally can handled it, hope this will help you.

If you can use preloader v.29 menu to load HBC, then you can go to wiibrew.org to get the priiloader file and put it under the apps folder. Then restart the wii, load HBC, load priiloader, it should be ok.

Tapion817

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I used this for a fw 4.1U and it worked so great. I've been trying to hack my Wii and my friend's Wii with our 4.2U fw, but every it keeps freezing when I try to load it through the channel management. I've tried all the other Bannerbomb versions, yet to no avail. Am I doing something wrong?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Tapion817 said:
Hey, I used this for a fw 4.1U and it worked so great. I've been trying to hack my Wii and my friend's Wii with our 4.2U fw, but every it keeps freezing when I try to load it through the channel management. I've tried all the other Bannerbomb versions, yet to no avail. Am I doing something wrong?
Be sure you use the 4.2 version: http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/index.new.php
And you load it from the SD card menu, not the channel management

Tapion817

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OPk cool thanks, Well apparently I wasn't loading the boot/dol on the proper sd slot menu. I do have other problem now. I installed all BootMii as a Boot2, the HBC, and the DVDx with no problems. Then I uninstalled IOS249. I know it did that correctly cause it said it was successful, but when I try to downgrade the iso15, it doesn't let me. I also tried just skipping that part cause they said that not all need to downgrade and I treid to patch the ISO36 but it didn't work either stating that it needs an IOS with the Trucha bug. I"m not able to installed Preloader or the cIOS38rev14 either. IS there something I'm missing?

Ariem

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys.

I really want to Softmod my Wii, 'cause there are a lot of things that can brick it, so I want to do those backups and stuff.

But I have a 3.1U Wii with Homebrew Channel already installed. I just don't know where do I start. How do I install bootmii and these stuff?

Tapion817

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, my drive isn't working now for some reason. I tried to insert a disc and it wouldn't want to eat it. When it finally did, it sounded like it was dying and then it didn't run the game. What the hel happened? Was it a hacking error did the Wii just get busted?

sleepgod

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this and I followed the guide "Fully Softmod Any Wii (everything you need)" but I ran into a problem and can't figure it out so any help would be very appreciated!
When I started this guide I skipped "Patching IOS36" but when I got to and installed "Installing PreLoader and new cIOS" I could not get perloader to load so I looked around and thought to try to go back and do the step "Patching IOS36" and when that was done I tried to load "preloader" again but nothing/still the same as it just loads to the health screen and I can't seem to figure out why and I tried everything I can think of and also in the guide it says "Load PreLoader and press 1 when instructed and PreLoader will install..... but I see nothing about pressing 1 when instructed.
I am on menu 3.4u with a LU374 SERIAL so any help is very appreciated and I hope im posting this in the right place and if not sorry for any inconveniences as I am new to all this.
Thank you again and have a gr8 day there everyone!
yaywii.gif

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would follow this guide:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

which is a sticky at the top of this forum and is constantly being updated.

you should install priiloader instead ( which is a mod of preloader).

When priiloader is installed you need to restart the Wii and hold the RESET button when it boots and it will load the Priiloader screen.

joonyboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why nothing ever seems to show up on HBC channel the only thing i can get to show up and TRY to install is Wad manager which then gives me an error rev -1 whcih i dont understand how to fix

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: There is black rice flour, and its really black colored