Hacking [Guide] Install a9lh without buying anything in 11.2

Did you get a9lh from 11.2 following this guide?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im at that part were it told me to reboot to boot intoo luma and it put be back in safea9lhinstaller and it says press select to update a9hl and that other stuff what now?

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If I do all the steps from this guide when I go back to 11.2 with Arm9 installed I will keep all my previous games ? I read something related to ctrnand transfer delete all the tickets!

monsoonsys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did what you said and it seems to be working now... I'm waiting for it to write the NANDmin.bin right now- hopefully it works fine from there! It's worth noting that when I use the files you said, I couldn't get steelhax to run at all- it just crashes to a nintendo system error if I try- but soundhax works just fine with a cartridge in and that's where I'm running it right now. It's a N3DS on 11.2.0.35-U.

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
So at this point I have the 9.2 bin/sha in the /files9 directory, but can only seem to boot into Hourglass (standard boot gives me 'Failed to mount CTRNAND' error.)
Having trouble figuring out how to CTRTransfer.. any ideas?
Decrypt9 again I believe, but this time you need to load it with a9lh i.e. like hourglass9 from the payload folder

killbotvii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what do you mean when you say just continue following the guide like nothing happened when the screen glitches? I tried going through with pressing select, waiting a few seconds, then pressing a button, and while it does turn off, when I turn it on it just boots into the normal screen and not the config screen that's supposed to be there.

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
im at that part were it told me to reboot to boot intoo luma and it put be back in safea9lhinstaller and it says press select to update a9hl and that other stuff what now?
Get the arm9loaderhax.bin from this file and put it into your microSD root.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If I do all the steps from this guide when I go back to 11.2 with Arm9 installed I will keep all my previous games ? I read something related to ctrnand transfer delete all the tickets!
If you make a backup when ctrtransferring, then yes.

Reactions: HyperT

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So at this point I have the 9.2 bin/sha in the /files9 directory, but can only seem to boot into Hourglass (standard boot gives me 'Failed to mount CTRNAND' error.)
Having trouble figuring out how to CTRTransfer.. any ideas?

Follow the guide I linked and only do section 3 that I quoted, you need to use decrypt9wip as a payload.

Reactions: spospospo

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I did what you said and it seems to be working now... I'm waiting for it to write the NANDmin.bin right now- hopefully it works fine from there! It's worth noting that when I use the files you said, I couldn't get steelhax to run at all- it just crashes to a nintendo system error if I try- but soundhax works just fine with a cartridge in and that's where I'm running it right now. It's a N3DS on 11.2.0.35-U.
Just reminding: do NOT put your console (only N3DSes) in Sleep mode after ctrtransferring, or you'll brick.
does this guide work with 11.0.0-33U firmware ?
You have to update to 11.2. Don't worry, it's safe.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
if you follow step 9(last part) you create a backup, which you then restore in step 19.

Reactions: Joshwraith

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, this can be done on the same step right?, as I far understad from the guide.
Yeah. It'll ask if you want to create a backup when you're ctrtransferring.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So what do you mean when you say just continue following the guide like nothing happened when the screen glitches? I tried going through with pressing select, waiting a few seconds, then pressing a button, and while it does turn off, when I turn it on it just boots into the normal screen and not the config screen that's supposed to be there.
Then try again.

Reactions: Joshwraith

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyone PLEASE help.
I'm on step 17. When I boot up the console, it just brings up the A9LH installation screen and has options to update, delete or shutdown. How do I get the luma one to show up?

JBower81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd just like to say good work on this, I have successfully done the process on my O3DS. I don't know if it was discovered or mentioned between here and when it was discovered that soundHax may interfere with decrypt 9 not loading, but I used soundhax to install basehaxx, and that got me in successfully! I'd add that as an update to the guide. Now onto my Galaxy N3DS

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
extra warning: keep your n3DS away from magnets, they can accidentally trigger standby which can brick it during some steps.

spospospo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decrypt9 again I believe, but this time you need to load it with a9lh i.e. like hourglass9 from the payload folder
You're a rockstar, thanks man.

added Decrypt9 to the payload folder and am auto-transferring 9.2 now.. hopefully I can take it from here

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got a failed to mount ctrnand after i tryed to save after clicking the luma stuff

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone PLEASE help.
I'm on step 17. When I boot up the console, it just brings up the A9LH installation screen and has options to update, delete or shutdown. How do I get the luma one to show up?

This question has literally been asked twice within the past 2 pages. FFS

Get the arm9loaderhax.bin from the luma zip and place on root of sd card.

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyone PLEASE help.
Gotta add this way too common mistake to OP. Get the arm9loaderhax.bin from this file and put in your microSD root

Reactions: Pacheko17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...