OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Hello!

I'd like to know if it is possible to play guitar hero-metallica without a guitar, only with the remote?
Is there a guitar hero hack, like for the nintendo ds?

deco11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im pretty sure you can play normally. but its a waste of time as the control is far to awkward to play properly. easy is all i can manage on the wiimote.
i know it works in GH3 and aerosmith so it should work in metallica, but i haven't tried it

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
UH UH, wrong.

GH Metallica uses 4 peripherals as GH World Tour (guitar, bass, drums, mic) and the wii remote is used for playing with a mic. in aerosmith and GH3 there was no microphone needed and so the games mapped 5 wii buttons to 5 colours on screen.

to play guitar you need a guitar, bass a bass guitar and drums a drum controller.

i dont know about hacks, but you could always look around for a patch or something...

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I only know A is green, B is red, and one of the d-pad directions is blue or yellow...

boot up the game, and see which buttons go to what fret... maybe even get a sharpie and color the buttons to the correct fret colors...

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mikeyt1998 said:
to play guitar you need a guitar, bass a bass guitar and drums a drum controller.
There's only one type of guitar. They're overpriced and poor quality, but as least the companies didn't stoop so low that they'd make you buy 2 different guitars to play lead and bass parts.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know myself about this version, I know GH3 & Aerosmith don't need a guitar but World Tour does but as mikeyt1998 states you do need a guitar.

You could always take the tracks and insert them into GH3 or Aerosmith I'd think using GHOST etc, not 100% sure on this though.

Now theres a question..... would songs from one version of a Guitar Hero be easier to insert into another compared with totaly custom tracks ??
EG: Take a few songs from GH3, a few from Aerosmith, a few from World Tour and a few from Metallica and make your own "favourite" game ? Or would it still be just as complex as making a custom version ?? (I think it'd be easier, maybe you could just use a diff tool too and replace them)
Any custom guitar Hero editors feel free to let me know
tongue.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Yup, to my knowlege, like the others said, it's possible to play Guitar Hero 3 and Aerosmith with a WiiMote...but you won't get far, belive me...activating the star power is nearly impossible...and so you'll stuck at the battles...-.- (at least this happens for me).

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to walmart and pick up a knock-off brand wii guitar. It's only $25 and it works well enough.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
Buy the fecking guitar, guitar hero is an amazing game, especially since you can put customs in it, and you can't even spend £20 on a guitar? That's ridiculous. Whinge about software piracy all you want but at least buy the hardware.

Neku_Sakuraba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you wan't to play without the guitar? I mean it is called guitar hero so if you take awaye the guitar what is the point? If i lost the guitar then i wouldn't bother playing till i get a new guitar controller!
lecture.gif

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
£20 where ?????

I'm in the UK too but I'm only seeing prices around the £60 mark (I want new)

I've posted this topic here about what works with what, please if you have any info help me out, as I'm planning on buying 2 x Les Pauls @ £60 each from Game in the next week or two.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=156416

I'm choosing the Les Pauls because they seem to work with everything except RB1 (I'll just make they songs into a cutom, I think)

Games also got a couple of cheaper ones @ £45
http://www.game.co.uk/search.aspx?s=guitar...easc&page=2

Nyko Wireless Frontman but I can't get much info on them and what games they work with.

hetster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if anyone is interested in how to get guitar hero world tour instruments for free feel free to PM me..how long this trick will last i dunno but as of now works :-)

hopefully buring it in here will only attract guitar hero users..the more who do this the sooner they will work it out i think..

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
O WOW R U GONA SAY CLAIM 1 ON UR WARRANTY? IT A SEKRIT!

Seriously, you should burn in hell if you do that. First you pirate the game, then you SCAM A FREE GUITAR THROUGH FRAUD? That's just disgusting. That's worse than piracy because you're not just making a copy, you're literally STEALING one of their guitars.

Slimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I have 2 les pauls and 2 ghwt guitars because they're semi broken. Maybe I'm just picky. The les paul's neck sometimes presses green when it shouldn't but according to my friend if that happens you can just dismantle it and put a bit of solder underneath the button and it works. Also, the whammy's flimsy and its natural position is down instead of up but I think the elastic needs tightening or something. Still works though. The GHWT guitar I claimed on the warranty because you can't fc songs with that; it overstrums. Basically it strums extra notes unless you hold it, so usually I upstrum and just tap the strum bar up on slower bits and then dualstrum on faster bits, but basically when it goes back to its rest position it strums. So if you're doing one way strumming it'll register 2 notes instead of 1 sometimes. Really annoying.

Interested anyway?

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slimmmmmm said:
Nyko Wireless Frontman but I can't get much info on them and what games they work with.

From the gamestation website (not sure if they have them instore but online they are out of stock right now ..

Nyko Wii Wireless Frontman Guitar for Guitar Hero: White (Wii)

it4oxduzicucdzab0swa.gif

£39.14

QUOTESummary

Developer:
Publisher:
Nyko

Frontman Wireless Guitar for the Nintendo Wii Features:

* Fully compatible with Guitar Hero III
* Uses the Wii Remote for power and wireless connectivity
* Conveniently connects to and holds the Wii Remote
* Accurate and responsive whammy bar
* Bi-directional strum bar
* Responsive and durable fret buttons
* 2 interchangeable pick guards for custom look

4ick6nhv9586aszjack1.jpg

does not give much more info though unfortunately
frown.gif

TBH the pre owned guitars are just as good as new ones if you shop around and ask to have a look at them /even try them before you hand over the cash you can get them in practically MINT condition some even without decals plastered in a stupid half a$$ed fashion all over them .. and some cases you can get a couple of Les Paul's for the same price as 1 new one and they come with a couple of months warrenty anyway and if fails after that then just contact activision tell them you have a faulty guitar and get it replaced for a new one
wink.gif

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Nah, imho the preowned ones are a con, someone sold it for a reason. I got mine brand new (never thought about the warranty, but now it'll be too late
frown.gif
) and it broke quite easy, well no it took a "whack" but having kids this sort of thing sometimes happens. Mine was a Les Paul with GH3 and it seemed ok until it broke.

I'm thinking of going with one of them (well 2) because if you look at the thread I posted a link for a few posts back, they work with RB2 as well
wink.gif
The only game they don't work with is RB1.

I'd love to know where a £20 guitar can be had though
biggrin.gif

As for scamming a free guitar, well there are worse crimes in this world, so I wouldn't quite call the guy scum, however the fun had with the guitars is worth the cost imho if you have the cash and surely it will also encourage more decent innovations (unlike the mario kart steering wheel, that was a con imo)

madtamski

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Alexrose said:
O WOW R U GONA SAY CLAIM 1 ON UR WARRANTY? IT A SEKRIT!

Seriously, you should burn in hell if you do that. First you pirate the game, then you SCAM A FREE GUITAR THROUGH FRAUD? That's just disgusting. That's worse than piracy because you're not just making a copy, you're literally STEALING one of their guitars.
Interested anyway?

Arguments like that are silly.

A thief is a thief...hardware (or peripheral) theft is no worse.

So please let's not let this thread go there. The free guitar 'exploit' has been around for a while now.

I know of quite a few PS3 users who got the 'free' guitar and then went out and spent a fortune on the games.

So the developers (and software houses) have made some money out of this too!

Guitar costs a few bucks to make...games cost a lot more. The exploit means that people can also end up with guitars on systems that haven't yet been cracked.

Those people end up with one and hear from their friends with wii's how much fun it is.

They go out and spend 10-20 bucks on an old or pre-owned version of the game (backwards compatible).

...get hooked.

...and go and buy the newest game at full price.

Win-Win situation in my book.

Livy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Play.com had the Les paul guitar for £9.99 got me one last night. think there sold out now though.

Got a full set now. World tour and a standalone les paul.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I thought you was Kenny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It seems too good to be true, but seeing nutterbutter comments, makes me think its good. But I'm already on new dash and think ill wait it out in see.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, I posted it and you thanked @SylverReZ you drunk lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not gonna use an script online to test, ill wait
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut? I'm drunk not me who?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Guess I was too famous.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ive only heard of the Durango dumps.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's a video right above you lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You just connect....and your banned, next
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Must be drunk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope, California sober tonight
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Do they even upload older firmware where you can usb update if newer ones do come out
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can update w USB but they only offer newest updates on they site, they don't give old like ps
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean an archive if a person wants to buy an older Xbox for the exploit
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think there is a way to archive older update files or no one's cared to so if patched already screwed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm still not sure how it works, but yea MS offers newest updates only, you can't find old
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I found a internet archive that's up to 2021 that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or if you are on on old fw, it won't let you online till u update to newest
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm still not getting that hyped over it I can play my pc game that I torrented with a torrent for Xbox that's the same game woo
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But yea @SylverReZ the Durango dumps have all I've heard of till now that was significant
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If they enable stealth online like the good old jtag days that'll be different
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: If they enable stealth online like the good old jtag days that'll be different