Hacking Hacking a Wii with out using SD.

abel009

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
OK, is there a way to hack a wii with a malfunction SD slot? i mean just installing the HBC with a USB instead of using a SD cause my wii has a malfunction with reading SD and i bought 4 different ones but my wii can read any and yes all of the SD are formatted to FAT. Is it possible? does my wii have any change on enjoying homebrew!

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BannerBomb, Smash Stack, and all those only look on the SD slot, not the USB drive. So it doesn't matter what kind of usb drive it is or what it's formatted to, you're not booting anything off of those.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
BannerBomb, Smash Stack, and all those only look on the SD slot, not the USB drive. So it doesn't matter what kind of usb drive it is or what it's formatted to, you're not booting anything off of those.
I think mauifrog is telling him to format the SD Card that doesnt work by using that. not the USB.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Even if exploits are recoded to make them work from usb you still need to transfer the save file needed for the exploit (lego indiana jones for ex.) or in case of super smash stack you need to have the stage file on sd card. Much the same for Bannerbomb...

If it was an old system like 3.2 there was the option of booting trucha signed discs, then you need a chip to boot the disc...

Yes, there is no way, just get the sd slot fixed...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/ICjgg5eEFSw?si=qyxHdElodJEeR3aS