Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

SQZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Have you tried uninstalling hakchi2 completely using the uninstall option and starting from scratch? How many games did you add? Do you have any mods or hack settings? I myself started my measurements from a "virgin" system, i.e. no prior hacks and leaving most settings in hakchi2 at default.

Yes, my settings:

- Started clean, from scracth
- I added 10 games
- I did not add any mod or hack.
- Default settings, but one: I disabled pages/folders option.

Same behaviour. Between 2W and 2.2W with original kernel and between 3.4 and 4W with custom. Same behaviour no matter what version (from first 2.20 rc to last rc5 and final "Release").

- Second test (just in case): uninstalled all (from kernel menu), reinstalled original kernel (back to 2W) and then from clean machine, reinstalled custom kernel, default settings, back to high consumption.

Reactions: Hackcell

hoderer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
when updating hakchi, choose the portable version and just extract the files in your previous install-directory. With this method all your roms and preferences will stay. I did that when updating from RC3 to RC4 and from RC4 to Final.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
- Second test (just in case): uninstalled all (from kernel menu), reinstalled original kernel (back to 2W) and then from clean machine, reinstalled custom kernel, default settings, back to high consumption.
Was that without any additional games or did you also add the 10 games back in? Where those SNES titles?

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Is it possible to replace stock games with others?
For example, replace Street Fighter II Turbo with Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers and Super Mario World with Super Mario All Stars + World?

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
You can disable them, and hide them but you can't replace AFAIK.

I read in Neogaf that you can alter them with FTP:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1444556
How can I alter art and stuff for the original 21 games?

You need to FTP into the machine and browse to /usr/share/games/. There you will find the preinstalled CLV-P-xxxxx games. Download those to your PC. (Make sure to set your FTP client to transfer only 1 file at a time, the SNES Mini really hates more than that)

Now copy those folders to hackchi's /snes_games/ folders where your custom games are.

Now restart hakchi and you will see they appear as custom games too alongside previous ones you added, so you will want to deselect the original 21. Now you have copies that you can work with, such as changing their box art and thumbnails.

But, I'm unsure if you can also replace the game itself.

Bking337

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to flash my kernel but it is giving me a "MD5 checksum is unknown: 44c236a225e792bc7dda782ac79455c9" error and it is asking if I want to continue. What should I do??

Kingdave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many games will fit on one page where you can see all the cover art? Also how do we set it up that way? I want like 35 total games including original to all be on one page.

evilone

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I had the same issue, for me it was not possible to flash Kernel.
ClusterM wrote on Twitter to uninstall everything before you go from RC to Stable, but i fear that i cant flash the custom kernel currently :D So i leave it for the moment.

If i press Continue, i get an Error Size doesnt match and it abort.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right... +1