Hacking Has Anybody Got Any Scratches On The DSi Touch Screen Yet?

Islay

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruha said:
good thing i dont get sweaty hands when i play games!
and wow why would u chuck a $130 brick at ur brother's head? you couldve broken the DS!

lol it was 170-220 euro when i got it so around 200-250 dollars, an to reply to your question, he drop a glass of cola on my laptop which is worth 1800 euro (got for 680 at lidl, would of been cost to replace) and it was the nearist large object worth throwing , both still worth thought lol.

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Flaregon said:
Uruha said:
and wow why would u chuck a $130 brick at ur brother's head? you couldve broken the DS!

lol it was 170-220 euro when i got it so around 200-250 dollars, an to reply to your question, he drop a glass of cola on my laptop which is worth 1800 euro (got for 680 at lidl, would of been cost to replace) and it was the nearist large object worth throwing , both still worth thought lol.

You are a waste of money.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Doyouwantaspoon said:
I bought a blue DSi two days ago and after playing Zelda PH for a couple hours I noticed some decent scratches on it; not the kind you can just rub away. I looked at the stylus under a microscope and noticed a burr around the tip of it, and that was the reason it was being scratched. [By burr I meant a little ridge of jagged plastic around the tip the leaked out during the casting process, the mold was not pressed securely enough together and the burr was not filed away.]

So I returned that DSi and I bought some screen protectors and a crystal case from Dealextreme. The matte finish on the DSi feels like it would absorb a lot of sweat and get discolored, unlike the glossy plastic finish in the DSlite. Once they are delivered, I will buy a new DSi, don some latex gloves and set up a work station with a fan and put on the screen protectors and case.

Yeah, as you can see I'm a whore when it comes to protecting my electronics.
How the HELL can plastic 'absorb' sweat? It can be discoloured, but it's not a freaking sponge.

Matte > Gloss IMO.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
zero383 said:
The matte finish on the DSi is actually paint which means it's more porous than plastic. It will get discolored pretty easily.
I thought it was only the Blue DSi that was painted? It's supposed to be a bright orange colour under than paint
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ShatteredScreens said:
zero383 said:
The matte finish on the DSi is actually paint which means it's more porous than plastic. It will get discolored pretty easily.
I thought it was only the Blue DSi that was painted? It's supposed to be a bright orange colour under than paint
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Hmm I thought the black was painted as well.... anybody wanna test this theory by scratching it with a knife?
smile.gif

Uruha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flaregon said:
Uruha said:

you lost even more money with the throwing, oh well its your momney anyway lol

Even if it was black they would prolly still paint it black so they all feel the way they want it to

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, PharaohsVizier, which case are you using? I plan on just buying a BDA DSi System Wallet as it seems to provide adequate protection.
BTW DX just shipped my protectors... 2 weeks till I get them. No scratches yet though.

Islay

Trophies
XP
Country
Kingfield said:
Flaregon said:
Uruha said:

lol, my lite was in it warranty, so i would of gotten a new one free .

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Flaregon said:
Kingfield said:
Flaregon said:
Uruha said:

lol, my lite was in it warranty, so i would of gotten a new one free .

You're still a waste of money

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PharaohsVizier said:
Hehehe Vancouver has it's benefits, the new Nintendo service center is even closer to me now
smile.gif
Haven't been to the new one yet though.... Virtual Way, nice name for the road it's on...

OMFG!!! Nintendo's service center is in the building right next to mine and I didn't even know it lol. No wonder I've been seeing people with Nintendo logos on their shirts.
blink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk