Misc Has anyone attempted to abuse the Nintendo Zone streetpass relay?

Tane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heading to bed. Hope to get some hits tomorrow :)
I'll check comments on thread and update spreadsheet as needed. Have fun!

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
The only that works for me is Root Browser (search for this in Play Store). :)
After you edit the .nvmac.info file inside the "data" folder with proper MAC, kepp only the "Read" fields checked, then save.

I found tutorials like that but I couldn't find the find. There was another route to an "address" file, I edited and saved it but automatically reverts to the original one. I'm still searching for a solution but I can't find one.

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Tried it - no hit yet? Unless I got Oscar on yours. Which I may have because he showed up very quickly when I connected to it.

Actually, the data from this MAC, at the moment I posted this, is from a Mii called "Rafa".

Now I'm going to sleep, less than five hours this night +_+' ... But it's OK. :)

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any way to do this with foxfi? I'd appreciate someone walking me through it.

I literally got my android phone a few weeks ago and I'm not familiar with how this stuff works yet.

why does any thread I post in just completely die off? come on, help me out here.

or at least help me with rooting. =|

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Guys, I can't find the mac file. It's not in /data or anywhere else. Maybe there is a difference between android versions? I'm using 2.3 cm7. Also I don't think you can use foxfi to spoof mac. And to root your phone, just Google model number + root.

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I got nintendo zone to work with windows 8 hotspot. Do I spoof the connection thats connected to my router? or the one that my 3ds is connected to?

JRave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I give up. Messing around with my router's wifi settings and mac address has gotten me no where. Just spent 40 minutes waiting for a streetpass.

gumbyscout

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got it working! Caved in and edited one of my router's radios, and immediately got a streetpass. Couldn't get my wireless dongle, either of my two android phones, or my laptop's wireless car to spoof the mac address properly.

katsup

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I give up. Messing around with my router's wifi settings and mac address has gotten me no where. Just spent 40 minutes waiting for a streetpass.
Out of curiosity, who is your Internet Service Provider?

Mine is Time Warner.

JRave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity, who is your Internet Service Provider?

Mine is Time Warner.

Verizon DSL. I think it might actually be my Router itself. (Western Digital MyNet N600) It has a guest wireless option that I've used for Nintendo Zone stuff before. But now I'm seeing dropped UDP packets in my log between my 3ds and what I assume is the guest gateway. I can't mess with the guest wireless firewall at all. So I used my primary wifi connection and still nothing to show for it.

Jimbolicious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok now that my cool down period is over.... Using good 40:53:50:4F:4F:46 I picked up Rafa from Brazil!!!! At least now we that the cool down was the problem. I got my wife's 3DS and my Japanese 3DS and I'll use them to pass a few others so It's not just Jimbo one after another. It'll be BOSS from Arizona and ジンボ from Tokyo if you see any of those. As a side note the JAP 3DSes got a special Mii today. YAY!

WOW Rafa you got a lot of Pinks from the new ones! I hope I get you again.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Guys, just STOP using multiple MAC! The idea was to use one single MAC because it is relatively simple to change it on every custom Nintendo Zone AP we're using once and foever, instead of creating a custom software which won't run on as many devices. There is no difference for Nintendo from which MAC the streetpass came (well, untill they decide to ban this AP MAC). The only disadvantage is that 3DS seems to have a MAC cooldown time... well ok, are you going to do manual MAC switch every several minutes like jerking-off a coins from 3DS pedometer? The idea was to set your home or mobile AP to one unique MAC and get one or several guaranteed StreetPasses per day.

Reactions: signz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow