taking it to a whole new level.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hopefuly somebody here has ecountered this problem before and fix'ed it. Hopefuly.

Sometimes I go though weeks without using my ipod (color ipod btw) and this time around I find it's dead. Dead as in it won't boot
Won't boot if it's plugged into a wall socket or pc, not even if it's been 'charging' for a few days (three days for the record). No signs that it's ON or active when it's plugged in.

What happens exactly when I plug it in? Screen lights up for a few seconds, used to be for a whole ~10seconds but now it only lights up 1-2 seconds long.

EDIT - Fixed it. What I did was.. power cycle by plugging/removing the adapter constantly and a few smacks like GizmoDuck said (ipods are quite sturdy, if I had done this with any other gadget it would have probably fallen apart). Eventually it turned on when I started it up. Sometimes it dies again if the battery completely runs out juice and I leave it uncharged, so don't let that happen.

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've had this ipod for less than a year. It's a replacement from apple's extended warranty coverage. It hasn't been near water or any fluids at all, and my hands are always clean before using it. mthrnite had a similar problem (I'd say the exact problem):
phoood said:
...Sometimes I go though weeks without using my ipod (color ipod btw) and this time around I find it's dead. Dead...

but he's forgotten how he fixed it.

;_;

GizmoDuck

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, here's a caveman method that happened to work for two of my friends. I don't guarantee that this will work.

What my friends did was they simply rub the back of their iPod then gave it a little (hard) smack. Do it a few times. One of my friends has an iPod mini, while the other has a 5th generation iPod.

Now, once again, I don't guarantee this will work. It might do more damage than good. Both of my friends might've got lucky. However, if all other methods don't work and your iPod is pretty much left for dead, what do you have to lose?

amooscuro

Trophies
XP
Country
GizmoDuck said:
Well, here's a caveman method that happened to work for two of my friends. I don't guarantee that this will work.

What my friends did was they simply rub the back of their iPod then gave it a little (hard) smack. Do it a few times. One of my friends has an iPod mini, while the other has a 5th generation iPod.

Now, once again, I don't guarantee this will work. It might do more damage than good. Both of my friends might've got lucky. However, if all other methods don't work and your iPod is pretty much left for dead, what do you have to lose?

Well, I've had a color ipod for 3 years now and it does exactly what yours does : just randomly dies. What I do to solve the problem is exactly what GizmoDuck said, I smack it! I belive it dies because the hardrive gets stuck or something alike, so the smack takes care of that. So far it never failed me and it happens everytime I dont use it for more than 3-4 days. Just give it a try, I believe it's built strong enough to absorb the shock without breaking and just maybe fix the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk