Hacking Help about CFW

krzz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello guys, next week I will receive a Playstation 3 already hacked from my cousin, but he did not used it since the beginning of Custom Firmwares.

I don't know what Custom Firmware he has installed on it, but he said that I will have to update it.

Actually, I know nothing about PS3 CFW. Can someone explain me how should I update an already softmodded PS3 to a more recent version of CFW, please? Some help would be really appreciated.

Thanks you! ;)

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, next week I will receive a Playstation 3 already hacked from my cousin, but he did not used it since the beginning of Custom Firmwares.

I don't know what Custom Firmware he has installed on it, but he said that I will have to update it.

Actually, I know nothing about PS3 CFW. Can someone explain me how should I update an already softmodded PS3 to a more recent version of CFW, please? Some help would be really appreciated.

Thanks you! ;)
Some people say that it's best to update to 3.55 OFW, then to the CFW of your choice. Others say the first step is pointless, and you can just go ahead and install the CFW directly. Here's the guide I used, and I had absolutely no problems with it: http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-install-the-latest-rebug-cfw.347855/

krzz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks you, but it looks like your guide is outdated since 2013.

What is the latest CFW that people are using to play games like GTA V?

Also, can I simply "update" to 3.55 OFW by using the official PS3UPDAT.PUP 3.55 OFW update?

Thanks again :)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome. First of all, what is your CFW or FW version??

Here:

Settings -> System -> System Information -> Current Firmware.

Pedeadstrian is right. It doesnt matter. Just follow these easy instructions. I did and it will play the games like GTA V . The GTA V is 4.46 FW, by the way. :)

If I am being helpful. Please click "like". Cheers!

Reactions: krzz

xcrimsonstormx

He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now the lastest CFW is Rogero 4.55 v1.00 it allows for PSN acccess as well as playing the latest games. That's what I would recommend, although their is a rumor that rebug might release theirs shortly and I would advise to go with that over Rogero, a lot more stable, and more features. Source

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Right now the lastest CFW is Rogero 4.55 v1.00 it allows for PSN acccess as well as playing the latest games. That's what I would recommend, although their is a rumor that rebug might release theirs shortly and I would advise to go with that over Rogero, a lot more stable, and more features. Source
Rebug will release their long awaited 4.53 REX with Cobra, not 4.55 though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (of course the mf with a sonic pfp would say that 😭)