[HELP] Corrupted? Files on a Homebrewed New Nintendo 3DS

CoyoteNET

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, good morning/afternoon/evening or whatever time it is where you're living
I've recently had some big problems with my 3DS...or well, not so big, as its not bricked (yetGodIhopeitdoesnthappen), so first, a story about how this all happened:

Some days ago I was in a Discord server and someone talked about playing in our 3DSes, I accepted and gave them my friend code, and for putting their code I activated the internet on the console
Moments later, I decide to play on my R4 for some minutes, I finish and leave my 3DS for the night.
Next day, it doesn't boot up. I get very scared and then I look out for any answers. I come across one and I change the boot.firm file from the root of the Micro SD I use for my New 3DS.
It works normally now, but I check it again some days later, and now it seems like several files aren't working properly, the theme is now gone (it was a custom one, although all the ones I had actually bought or gotten officially were now gone) and several games aren't working, both injects and actual 3DS games I've gotten normally and through FBI
Also that most of the homebrew stuff doesn't work properly now.

I've tried to put all of the files of the SD on my PC as a backup of sorts buuuut
Some whole folders won't do so, and I think it's some very important ones:
The "3ds" folder
The "Nintendo 3DS" folder
And for some reason the "retroarch" folder.
I really don't know if this is because of my R4 or if because I activated the Wi-Fi or something

Right now I've tried using EaseUS Data Recovery as I saw in another thread but I didn't know how to use the program and I didn't want to fuck up lol
If this thread is like repeated or something please delete it, but I don't know what to do or if it's salvageable...
Some other people on a Discord server told me that my SD might be the problem itself but then I don't know why it doesn't let me copy those folders from above...
Thanks in advance if anyone reads this, hahah
I'll give more information if prompted.

Reactions: Eveldee

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's clearly your SD card that is faulty and corrupt a lot of data, you need to find a new SD card to replace it. You can try to save the files on the damaged SD card using some software as you mentioned but in this state I don't think there's great hope to recover a lot.

Anyway, even if you can't backup all the files on your damaged SD card, you only need to put Luma3DS on a new SD card and your 3DS will boot, but you'll lose all your installed games and saves. I recommend you to follow this guide in this case

Reactions: CoyoteNET

CoyoteNET

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's clearly your SD card that is faulty and corrupt a lot of data, you need to find a new SD card to replace it. You can try to save the files on the damaged SD card using some software as you mentioned but in this state I don't think there's great hope to recover a lot.

Anyway, even if you can't backup all the files on your damaged SD card, you only need to put Luma3DS on a new SD card and your 3DS will boot, but you'll lose all your installed games and saves. I recommend you to follow this guide in this case
Damn, I was hoping that there would be some salvation haha
But yeah, I manually saved everything I could from the SD card that wasn't messed up on my PC, the 3DS still had some troubles booting up, but when I could, I just deleted some files on my 3DS through the console configuration app and now all my games have disappeared from my Home Screen (but still appear when I go check the console configuration...), so I guess there's no way back from this point onward lol
Still, my 3DS is booting normally now, should I just save the files of several games on the internal memory of the 3DS? I really don't want to lose the one I have of SMT4 or Tomodachi Life lol
I will definitely follow the guide you sent me after I format the SD or check if its even working or I get a new one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Is Janet Jackson alive?