In the GBAtemp attic.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net
XP
Country
Is it possible to help my DSLite before it's too late? There are problems with the right hinge. Here are some shit quality pictures taken from a Nokia 2330 Pictures for details.

Here is what it looks like, you'll notice a crack on the hinge.
Image0021.jpg

You can kind of lift it up which looks like
Image0022.jpg

It looks like
Image0023.jpg

from the inside.

Prime_Zero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you really really don't want to replace it the broken parts, Id suggest a really good type of glue like J B Weld. Its a very strong type of glue that comes in two tubes and must be mixed its one of those super insane strong ones, just make sure you get the one for bonding plastic.

Or some other type of glue just be very careful if you do use glue you don't want your ds to get stuck open or closed.
If you do choose to replace the part or buy a new ds shell please watch videos off of youtube as so much can go wrong.

That's the only advice I have to give, hope you get it fixed either way.
yay.gif

Blastoise

Trophies
XP
Country
This happened to my first DS. I was gonna fix it but I was a little too young so I ended up just buying a new one. But last year I decided to have a crack (hehe pun) and it is possible to fix it again so its like new, I did it. Is the screen very floppy?

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
mattpucc said:
This happened to my first DS. I was gonna fix it but I was a little too young so I ended up just buying a new one. But last year I decided to have a crack (hehe pun) and it is possible to fix it again so its like new, I did it. Is the screen very floppy?
It is on my brother's ds
frown.gif

Blastoise

Trophies
XP
Country
dorian7890 said:
mattpucc said:
It is on my brother's ds
frown.gif

Haha ok well I was directing it to OP but I guess i can kill two birds with one stone.
Is the screen floppy? As in it doesn't stay in place to wherever you adjust it?
EDIT: Sorry just asked the same question again.
Are you willing to fix it for him and do you have any soldering skills? EDIT again: Sorry no soldering skills are required

House Spider

In the GBAtemp attic.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net
XP
Country
mattpucc said:
Yes it is actually floppy. I guess I should try the glue trick unless there are other suggestions.

Blastoise

Trophies
XP
Country
N64Temp said:
mattpucc said:
Yes it is actually floppy. I guess I should try the glue trick unless there are other suggestions.

Ok thats a good thing. I ahd the EXACT same thing. Ill help ya fix it
smile.gif
'cause i know how extremelly frustrating it is. The glue trick does not work, i tried it, dont bother with it.

One question... I bet you were using a lanyard at the time weren't you?

Blastoise

Trophies
XP
Country
N64Temp said:

A strap. But nevermind, thats just how this kinda thing happens most of the time, it gets in between the hinge and the bottom half while playing and when you close it it jams and breaks the hinge.
Alrighty lets start. If you wanna make it look like new your gonna need two things...
a new hinge:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15853
and a new housing... to make it look new. This is optional but I highly suggest it and it gives you the chance to give your DS a bit of a makeover (in a heterosexual way)
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14608

Get those two first.
There are plenty of tutorials on the net. Ill find the best one because the one i used wasn't that great and I had to kinda deviate from it a bit.

and for gods sake... let me say this. When you are replacing the housing PAY CAREFUL ATTENTION to the power switch... its a shoddy little piece of plastice inside the housing that can break so easily, I did and I had to order in some new switches and solder a new switch on.... takes alot more time if you do that.

Its gonna be an easy fix if you do it right but its not gonna be a quick one... it will take you a fair few hours but it will be worth it. You just need to be careful about it all. If your careful about it all then youll do it fine and get it done well.

Ill post a link to a tutorial soon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: MoM, I don't have to do homework, anymore :D:blush::D