iamairhair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I made a forwarder for WiiFlow WFL with a mod of the original WiiVC injector, and I managed to boot into WiiFlow with Gamepad support. But when I launched Animal Crossing (GC,) the Gamepad had no input whatsoever. Help?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can only launch Nintendont loaded games with Wii U GamePad support, only directly through a created channel on the Wii U menu just for Nintendont (or individually installed GameCube games to your Wii U menu). My understanding is that while we can use the GamePad inside USB Wii loaders, booting up any game after you're in the loader will become unplayable with any control method.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can only launch Nintendont loaded games with Wii U GamePad support, only directly through a created channel on the Wii U menu just for Nintendont. My understanding is that while we can use the GamePad inside USB Wii loaders, booting up any game after you're in the loader will become unplayable with any control method.

I'll try it with usb loader gx. I did test gamepad support with the wii u channel of nintendont after hearing a lot of people were having trouble with it. it worked fine for me. I did test nintendont through usb loader gx with the pro controller, and it worked fine.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@MikaDubbz , looks like you're correct. the gamepad will not function if you go through the normal vwii. the nintendont channel actually asks if you want to use the gamepad when you launch it, so that may be why it doesn't work as it's not meant to by default in the first place.

iamairhair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, thank you for the help. I was only really using WiiFlow through the Wii U menu (mainly games that used the Classic Controller so that I could play them with the gamepad,) but Nintendont works fine when I boot itself rather than WiiFlow.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if wiiflow requires a special version (probably) with nintendont. I tried my usb loader gx forwarder from the wii u side, and it also didn't allow me to use the gamepad. however, it didn't ask about the gamepad like the nintendont forwarder does, so maybe that's the reason?

iamairhair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if wiiflow requires a special version (probably) with nintendont. I tried my usb loader gx forwarder from the wii u side, and it also didn't allow me to use the gamepad. however, it didn't ask about the gamepad like the nintendont forwarder does, so maybe that's the reason?
I'll try making a USB Loader forwarder in a little bit and see if it lets me use the Gamepad for a Classic Controller game.

Is there any way to use an SD card with USB Loader? Everytime I try using the SD card slot with it, even on a Wii, it tells me the device isn't initialized and never works.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only use the sd card with gamecube games. that works. I don't think wii games do though. emunand also should work afaik or at least sneek does.

iamairhair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only use the sd card with gamecube games. that works. I don't think wii games do though. emunand also should work afaik or at least sneek does.
I have both Wii and GC games on the card; neither are showing up and the folders are set correctly, so I have no idea how to get it to work.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could be the version of usb loader gx. I'm using 3.0 revision 1271. 1272 works as well, but it goes through scanning the usb drive twice, so it's slower.

iamairhair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could be the version of usb loader gx. I'm using 3.0 revision 1271. 1272 works as well, but it goes through scanning the usb drive twice, so it's slower.
I don't know what the problem is; I just updated to the latest version and I still can't load the Wii games. I can't see GC games either, and I even set the path to the GameCube games in settings, but nothing showed up.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one of the icons at the top of the screen shows the content you want. try doing that and see if there's a checkbox next to gamecube and wii games.

iamairhair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one of the icons at the top of the screen shows the content you want. try doing that and see if there's a checkbox next to gamecube and wii games.
There is; when I tick the Wii Games box, that’s what gives me the error. The GC box is usually already ticked, but there’s no GameCube games showing anywhere.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan or @blackb0x may know what the problem is. I know usb loader gx can run cube games from the sd card, because that's how my system is set up. I have no cube games on usb. I have my wii games and emunand/neek2o nand on the hdd though. that's the way I've always had it set up, even on the wii.

here's how mine are set:

upload_2021-5-28_13-52-5.png

iamairhair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan or @blackb0x may know what the problem is. I know usb loader gx can run cube games from the sd card, because that's how my system is set up. I have no cube games on usb. I have my wii games and emunand/neek2o nand on the hdd though. that's the way I've always had it set up, even on the wii.

here's how mine are set:

View attachment 264635
I just don’t get why every tutorial I see has everything working fine, but when I try to do the exact same thing myself, it doesn’t work at all.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry, I don't remember if the WiiU gamepad is working or not when launching GCgames from a WiiVC injected with USBGX.
I never did it myself and only worked on users report to update the loader and features, but don't remember this report.

Pedro702 came to me yesterday about a similar issue with newer version of nintendont !
Maybe it's related ?

he told me that if nintendont is running a game using Autoboot with an injected game ISO, the gamepad is not working.
You have to boot into "nintendont menu" and select the game from the SD list, and then the Gamepad is working.
I don't know if the problem is "injected ISO" or "autoboot" yet, I tried to look at the sources but couldn't find anything (yet?).

It kind of defeats the interest in using a loader as GUI launcher.
Maybe it's only a bug from recent nintendont (with config v10), which allows the gamepad to be disabled, or set as player 2-3-4 instead of being forced to player1.

try with an old version of nintendont ?

Edit:
Pedro said forcing position 0 (player1) when autobooting, fixes the bug he mentioned. (maybe NOT your bug, don't get any hopes yet)

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan , I have no injected cube games, just the nintendont forwarder on the wii u side. it asks if you want to use the gamepad, and it does work when you select that (not sure what happens if you select no), but usb loader gx forwarder will not work with the gamepad. though, I'm still using 3.0 revision 1271. I never updated, because everything is working. the same is true of nintendont itself. well, everything is working with usb loader gx except gamepad support. I think it says, "the gamepad is unsupported in wii mode" or something like that, on the gamepad itself whenever you try pressing the buttons.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ah, if you have a vWii forwarder, the gamepad will be disabled, but you'll have access to USB.
If it's a WiiU forwarder, I think I added gamepad support. maybe I'm not remembering correctly?

vWii forwarder is actually launching vWii -> UNEO forwarder -> Boot.dol on SD.
You are on vwii, and USB is available.

WiiUVC channel on the contrary is using a sandboxed vWii, using a patched IOS255 (can't be changed), and only has access to SD card or Internal (seen as Disc).
With WiiUVC, the gamepad video and controller should be possible.

Injecting USBGX in a WiiU WiiVC channel is useful to make a Nintendont GUI launcher for games on SD only.
It generates a different ninconfig.bin file for each launched game, instead of using the same config file for all "injected ISO" channels.
It can also generates cheat codes, etc

that's the main advantage of using a loader as GUI instead of individually injected games.

But I don't remember if gamepad is working, sorry.

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night