Homebrew Homebrew app Help Using Gamepad with WiiFlow

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the reason it didn't work for me is that the forwarder doesn't offer a gamepad option when booting, which may be better, because I don't want that question to be asked every time I boot the virtual wii from the usb loader gx forwarder, when I don't even play cube games anymore. I can play with the gamepad with the nintendont forwarder, since it does ask that question. I was wondering if it's possible to enable gamepad support for nintendont in usb loader gx if you go through the normal wii channel, then the forwarder on the virtual wii? it doesn't seem to work with 1271, but the one @iamairhair uploaded has some weird thing where nintendont opens for a brief moment with something like "loading x," then it goes to the game. I'm also using 1271, but it must be different or an option must be different, because mine does not open nintendont at all. it goes straight to the cube game. I tried updating nintendont as well to see if I could get gamepad support from usb loader gx through the wii channel, and it didn't work either. I'm not sure which needs to be updated or which update offers that support.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wii game with the gamepad shouldn't work, as it's a homebrew library to make the gamepad work while inside the homebrew interface (it's emulating the classic (pro) controller). It works as a Classic Pad inside USBGX if you enable that option when injecting it into the WiiVC channel.
When you play a wii game, it's not homebrew anymore. (But I suppose it's not even possible to play a Wii game from USBGX as a WiiVC inject)

But Nintendont is always in the background when you play a gamecube game, so maybe it could work? but maybe it's only if nintendont is launched from the injected channel, and not from USBGX.
I forgot since I didn't follow the wii/wiiU scene for 2 years, sorry.

Last edited by Cyan,

iamairhair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, I feel inclined to mention that I couldn’t play Wii games with the WiiFlow forwarder. It said “unable to play in Wii VC mode!” when I tried booting Mario Kart Wii.

iamairhair

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii games worked fine in WiiFlow when the Wii menu is booted from the actual Wii menu on the Wii U menu, but when it’s booted from a forwarder I get that error.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And the Nintendont version I have was downloaded from the WiiVC injector, presumably from the GitHub page.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Me niether, us north Koreans don't care