Hacking Help with CFG Loader

drmarvin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a few issues I'm dealing with here.

I have switched to CFG USB Loader to be able to load RB3. I have successfully gotten it to run with full SDHC and instrument support (mic and keyboard dongle) by installing d2x v6 base 56 as IOS247.

My problem is now that it takes a really long time (2min) to finally load the game after launching it. It says "Starting Game ...." until finally it runs. It certainly is more annoying than going to put the disc in, but I'd love for it to launch like all the other games.

I am running it from a Lexar 32gig USB stick (FAT32), so spin-up and seek time and such shouldn't be an issue.

For troubleshooting, I have tried installing d2x v3-5 instead, but they all do the same thing.

Also, CFG v70 seems to load slowly (when it says 249 and 250 in the corner). I have tried installing d2x v6 base IOS58 as 249 and it sped that up, but the 250 part still takes more than a minute (I think 250 is d2x v6 base IOS38). Any way to speed this stuff up? Better base IOS selections?

Thanks

drmarvin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi JoostinOnline

I tried this, and it does boot successfully and run the game with standard settings, but as I said before, it's very slow to initially boot and to run RB3. Am I missing a setting or something? Should I be doing something else?

Also, as I'm trying to get this set up as a SM replacement, can CFG loader run channels (like Wiiflow and GX)?

Thanks

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
drmarvin said:
hi JoostinOnline

I tried this, and it does boot successfully and run the game with standard settings, but as I said before, it's very slow to initially boot and to run RB3. Am I missing a setting or something? Should I be doing something else?Do you have any custom settings enabled for RB3? If so, reset them.

QUOTE(drmarvin @ Aug 29 2011, 07:07 AM) Also, as I'm trying to get this set up as a SM replacement, can CFG loader run channels (like Wiiflow and GX)?

Thanks
That is one drawback of Cfg, although I still think it's better than other loaders because of it's compatibility. You can Ultimate Forwarder Creator to make ISO forwarders to channels (they end up being a couple MB each) and launch them like games. One thing is you need to use a cIOS with base 38 for them. I suggest 222, which commonly has base 38 in it.

drmarvin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, I think I was unclear. When I said Channels, I meant Internet Channel, and Shop Channel and such (and Wiiware, etc). If I want to replace the SM, I would like to be able to launch these without needing another app such as postloader or mighty channels.

I don't have any custom settings for RB3 (I had a different IOS setting, but I changed that back, since IOS56 base is now in slot 249. It's all so slow when starting up and launching that specific game. If that's the way it has to be, I guess it has to be, but I'd love it to be different. Also, since I have IOS56 base as slot 249, maybe I can use WiiFlow again. I'll have to try that.

Thanks for your help.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
drmarvin said:
Sorry, I think I was unclear. When I said Channels, I meant Internet Channel, and Shop Channel and such (and Wiiware, etc). If I want to replace the SM, I would like to be able to launch these without needing another app such as postloader or mighty channels.I know what you are saying. ISO forwarders appear as games in Cfg. If it is a channel forwarder, it will load that channel. Try one out.

QUOTE(drmarvin @ Aug 29 2011, 11:05 AM) I don't have any custom settings for RB3 (I had a different IOS setting, but I changed that back, since IOS56 base is now in slot 249. It's all so slow when starting up and launching that specific game. If that's the way it has to be, I guess it has to be, but I'd love it to be different. Also, since I have IOS56 base as slot 249, maybe I can use WiiFlow again. I'll have to try that.

Thanks for your help.
Try installing base 37 in 248 and use that.

drmarvin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I deleted all custom settings for games in WiiFlow, and RB3 now runs fine (with base 56 d2x in slot 249). I haven't tried any other games. Will most games be fine running on that base? I don't have a massive library of games (Twilight Princess, S&M Olympics, Kart, Galaxies, NSMBW). Would these usually work fine with base 56? If so, I think I'm all set, since WiiFlow does installed channels, too.

Thanks for the help. Please let me know if you know about those other games.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
drmarvin said:
So I deleted all custom settings for games in WiiFlow, and RB3 now runs fine (with base 56 d2x in slot 249). I haven't tried any other games. Will most games be fine running on that base? I don't have a massive library of games (Twilight Princess, S&M Olympics, Kart, Galaxies, NSMBW). Would these usually work fine with base 56? If so, I think I'm all set, since WiiFlow does installed channels, too.

Thanks for the help. Please let me know if you know about those other games.
Base 56 should work for almost every game. You need base 57 (usually installed in 250) for COD:BO and Conduit 2.

drmarvin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for all the help. As you said, the other games seem to work great. I don't have those weird games so I should be good. I may now make the full SM switchover.

Cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious