Hacking Help with Disk Channel GC Backups

Toyskyline

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, this is likely a fairly simple solution that I'm dealing with but I've been searching high and dry for a satisfactory answer to no avail.

Basically I was able to play GC backups and retail disks from the disc channel until recently when I updated a bunch of stuff. I realize the problem is probably that I replaced my mios with dios mios (I have no idea why because I have no intention of using a usb or sd card to load backups). Anyway I fixed a bunch of stuff including the mios (to an extent) and now I'm able to load gc backups from a backup loader but the disc channel gives me something along the lines of 'the disc is not recognizable'

I'm going to add that I've never(ever) used neogamma but I had the gc backup launcher 0.2 that I probably deleted and might be the source of my problems.

What I want is to be able to play GC backups(on a burned disc) from the disc channel with no prompt or need for input(ie. y for pal, x for ntsc, a to start) between clicking start on the disc channel and actually entering the game.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If you fixed the mios (uninstalled dios mios) then you wouldn't be able to launch gc backups of a backup loader, if you want to play backups from media on disc channel, you have to install the original mios.

Toyskyline

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you fixed the mios (uninstalled dios mios) then you wouldn't be able to launch gc backups of a backup loader, if you want to play backups from media on disc channel, you have to install the original mios.

yeah I probably should have mentioned I installed the RVL-mios-v10.wad using wiigators mios patcher, do I still need to install the original mios/ is that the original mios?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yeah I probably should have mentioned I installed the RVL-mios-v10.wad using wiigators mios patcher, do I still need to install the original mios/ is that the original mios?

The original MIOS just plays retail gamecube games, nothing else, no backups, no DVD-Rs, no gc homebrew and no gc backup loaders.

What you want is WiiGator's cMIOS with the integrated loader. The installer should give you a choice between 2 install methods, i forgot how they were called, just try both.

Both are modified to launch gamecube homebrew and to allow DVD-R access at all. Without using a loader to patch the games on-the-fly, it doesn't play backups. The difference between them is that the one you want has the old gc backup loader integrated as well.

Then there's also an older pure gamecube homebrew cMIOS. And there's the cMIOS you get from my installer, which is 1:1 the same as WiiGator's cMIOS without integrated loader.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are not even getting the gamecube logo in the disc channel, then you messed 2x times with the system menu IOS. You should only do that when you know what you are doing, or you are following a good guide, this can brick your Wii. Messing with MIOS compared to that is really harmless, worst case is that no gamecube games work until you reinstall it.

Reactions: HNKii

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The original MIOS just plays retail gamecube games, nothing else, no backups, no DVD-Rs, no gc homebrew and no gc backup loaders.

What you want is WiiGator's cMIOS with the integrated loader. The installer should give you a choice between 2 install methods, i forgot how they were called, just try both.

Both are modified to launch gamecube homebrew and to allow DVD-R access at all. Without using a loader to patch the games on-the-fly, it doesn't play backups. The difference between them is that the one you want has the old gc backup loader integrated as well.

Then there's also an older pure gamecube homebrew cMIOS. And there's the cMIOS you get from my installer, which is 1:1 the same as WiiGator's cMIOS without integrated loader.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are not even getting the gamecube logo in the disc channel, then you messed 2x times with the system menu IOS. You should only do that when you know what you are doing, or you are following a good guide, this can brick your Wii. Messing with MIOS compared to that is really harmless, worst case is that no gamecube games work until you reinstall it.

I think it plays gamecube backups from media if the Wii itself has got a modchip.

Toyskyline

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

You're right with you disc channel comment, I messed with the system menu IOS now there is no gamecube logo for backups though my retail discs show the logo and load/play perfectly so before I go off and install Wiigator's cMIOS + int loader is there something I should do to correct this mistake?

I think it plays gamecube backups from media if the Wii itself has got a modchip.

No modchip here

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @MysticStarlight, Luckily, he survived.