Hardware Help with Purchasing Decision - GH:WT vs RB2

alucard77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey All,

I am thinking of either getting GH:WT or RB2 for the Wii. The problem I am having, is I am not sure which one I should buy. I really only care about the instruments and compatibility between the two.

1- I already have GH with the Les Paul guitar. If I was to use that as a second guitar, would that make any difference in game play wise? Would I be missing any functionality? Or does the bass use on either game only use 5 buttons instead of the slide?

2- Has any one tried using the WT drums on RB2? Is it ackward? What is the draw backs? I have been skewing towards getting WT since the drums are compatible with RB2, but the RB2 drums are not compatible with WT.

3- Any other considerations, game wise that I should think of before purchasing one or the other?

Thanks for the help.

netsliderx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not particularly care for the Rockband Guitar one bit.. GH3 or GHWT guitar is the best feeling IMO.

The drums for rockband are fine but I say get the ghwt drums because it works with both games where rb only works with rb 1 and 2......

sooooooooo

I say buy GHWT Band Kit and.. ummmm 'obtain' rb2
smile.gif

gumbyscout

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get guitar hero world tour. The guitars and instruments work with every wii music game except the first rock band. You can just buy rock band 2 by itself and not have to buy more instruments.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, just everyone says, get the GHWT Band Kit, and then get Rock Band 2, that's what I did.
smile.gif
Enjoying both!
smile.gif

"1- I already have GH with the Les Paul guitar. If I was to use that as a second guitar, would that make any difference in game play wise? Would I be missing any functionality? Or does the bass use on either game only use 5 buttons instead of the slide?"

You would only miss out on the Slide, it's not too much, and during the solos for the slide, you don't have to use the slide, you can press the buttons on time without struming. And bass has 6 different notes, but one is an open note, you won't be missing out too much, only the slider.
smile.gif

"
2- Has any one tried using the WT drums on RB2? Is it ackward? What is the draw backs? I have been skewing towards getting WT since the drums are compatible with RB2, but the RB2 drums are not compatible with WT."

Well, I'm not too used to it on Rock Band, but the drums are almost the same color order, and the orange cymbal is just another blue. They're okay.
smile.gif

"3- Any other considerations, game wise that I should think of before purchasing one or the other?"

Wii Points and an SD Card for DLC. I guess that would sort of relate game wise.
tongue.gif

alucard77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just thought of something. At the moment I only have 2 wiimotes.

1- In GH:WT, how many Wiimotes will I need to play all the instruments (2 Guitars, 1 Drum Set, Mic)
2- Same as #1 with RB2.

I would hate to have to buy yet another wiimote, just to play an instrument.

I also saw on Amazon that you can buy cymbals for Rock Band 2 set, what do those even do? Are they used in Game for anything?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4 +1