Hacking Hermes' IOS 222 installation issues

tripellex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I've been trying to install Hermes' IOS 222 (cIOS Installer v2) to use with uLoader 1.6, and everytime I do, it freezes. I'm on 4.0u (Wani's updater), CIOS36rev10, BootMii/Preloader 0.29. I've tried installing thru Homebrew channel loaded via both BootMii and Sysmenu. Doesn't matter if I choose 202, 222 or 223, or what IOS to install as. As soon as I hit the A button at the "Use IOS XX merged with XX" screen, it sits there and freezes and I'm forced to power down to restart. I've tried unplugging all external GC peripherals and USB devices to no avail.

Any ideas?

tripellex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind guys, I'm a dumbass. Forgot to remove the second GC memcard.

IOS installed fine afterwards. Hope this helps anyone else having issues.

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If you have ret-1 installing this cIOS, install IOS36-64-v1042.wad with wadmanager

cIOS_installer needs trucha in your IOS36 to run properly.

SolidMetal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it won't install for me, i followed the guide and when i start to install it goes to the initalizing network and fails, as it would i'm not connected to the internet with my wii, is there any other way to install without the network?

leemufc

Trophies
XP
Country
SolidMetal said:
it won't install for me, i followed the guide and when i start to install it goes to the initalizing network and fails, as it would i'm not connected to the internet with my wii, is there any other way to install without the network?
google ios202-222-223_offline-installer

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
leemufc said:
SolidMetal said:

Bad choice. That version is two versions old (V2..V4 is the latest). Go here instead:

http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223

SolidMetal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
leemufc said:
SolidMetal said:

Bad choice. That version is two versions old (V2..V4 is the latest). Go here instead:

thats the guide i used, but like i said before it wanted to initalize network, and my wii is not connected to the net,
so i need an offline version

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SolidMetal said:
zektor said:
leemufc said:
SolidMetal said:

thats the guide i used, but like i said before it wanted to initalize network, and my wii is not connected to the net,
so i need an offline version

Follow the offline instructions on that site (click to expand)

If you have the necessary files on your SD the installer will not init network and will use those files instead...hence offline install.

SolidMetal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i got all the files and i put them into the root of the sd card i run the homebrew channel and try to install but it still gives me the initalizing network and fails? i don't know what i'm doing wrong.
i have tried other downloaded files and i am getting alittle scared that with all these different files i'm installing that i might brick the wii, so if someone could put into simple english terms of what the files should look like in the root and what program to run on the homebrew channel that would be a great help, all i want to do is be able to load my GH5 and get my controllers working for rockband the beatles.
thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3