Gaming Hey, you guys with non-gamer girlfriends.

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
dude,if you have "scene it" and she likes movies why are we still talking about this?

anyway....I guess if she liked crash bandicoot then she'll enjoy playing mario? you can cheer when she does a hard jump and beats a bad guy and give advice on hard parts...

DDR sounds like a good choice..

what kind of music does she like? maybe you could start a "rock band" band lol

how about some of those quiz games that has you answering questions?

hmmm...now that I think about it,I played mario kart on gamecube with my girlfriend and she actually enjoyed herself...maybe give that a try as well?

games to avoid would be resident evil,silent hill and other gore,dark,shooter,splatter,scary-fests.

I hope I helped a bit
biggrin.gif

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Dont mess about with her, get her legs spread um apart (shoulder job) and bang it proper. No need for a wii or set the controller for viabartion mode and tell her to finish herself off.

Trulen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dysan said:
dude,if you have "scene it" and she likes movies why are we still talking about this?

anyway....I guess if she liked crash bandicoot then she'll enjoy playing mario? you can cheer when she does a hard jump and beats a bad guy and give advice on hard parts...

DDR sounds like a good choice..

what kind of music does she like? maybe you could start a "rock band" band lol

Actually, she's into 80's rock and metal. Unfortunately, I'm not. I enjoy me some Big Band. But I do enjoy some guitar hero, but I'll resort to Frets on Fire for that.

how about some of those quiz games that has you answering questions?

All I could find is Trivial Persuit. Know of any others?

hmmm...now that I think about it,I played mario kart on gamecube with my girlfriend and she actually enjoyed herself...maybe give that a try as well?

You can't have wii backups without Mario Kart Wii. Srsly.

games to avoid would be resident evil,silent hill and other gore,dark,shooter,splatter,scary-fests.

Once again, she actually enjoys phychological thrillers in movies. Though I don't know how this would translate into games. -I'm- actually the fraidy-cat :

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
reece71079 said:
Dont mess about with her, get her legs spread um apart (shoulder job) and bang it proper. No need for a wii or set the controller for viabartion mode and tell her to finish herself off.
um

uhhhhhh

QUOTE(Trulen @ Jun 13 2010, 01:21 PM) But yeah. She's big into music, though. She says she had a PS1 and likes Crash Bandicoot. But other than that, she just doesn't game.
Movies, though, are her thing. And I actually have "Scene It"
she sounds a lot like my girlfriend. why on earth have i never thought of Scene It :I

My girlfriend's big into Animal Crossing Wild World - but, I turned her onto gaming and she went out and got a DS. For Christmas I got her a Wii and life owns. But uh

If it's all about music, why not try Samba de Amigo? it's goofy, trippy and just good ol' fun. IMO this is perfect

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@topic start: I'd say NSMB. Seriously. My girlfriend (who is just about the definition of 'casual gamer') likes that game even more than I do.
smile.gif

Other than that, I wouldn't know. But hey...it's a nice start for a conversation: just ask her what kind of games she likes. You're not supposed to know it just by looking at her.
wink.gif

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Youtube is a temp fix, a good way as already said to pry without asking about likes/dislikes as you learn a lot by the media they enjoy.

Nerves or not, there's one fast way to butter up a girl and get a lot of info while prying little and letting them do it to themselves. Ask them how their day went, what they're into, how things are going, very vaguely targeted but specific questions. Let them yak and yak and you just start taking mental notes, she'll think as a bonus you're a goddamn good listener and better than most assholes who are into their own shit first. Guaranteed win, unless you forget something later she deemed damn important then you could get called on it so you better listen.

Wii itself is a good crutch but if that needs to be used to walk always you're going to be crippled going into things and hobbed by her annoyance eventually and it'll end. Just throw anyone in front of Wii Sports/Resort and that works, but if using my idea of 'asking and letting her talk for hours' works if you learn she likes trivia then pick up Smarty Pants or something on Wii and make it a game between you two.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I guess I'm lucky: My girl likes Mario Party 8, Mario Kart Wii, just started showing her Brawl, also she likes the classics as she played them as a kid (So emulators are actually worth-while for me now,) and I just discovered she likes Turtles in Time.

Funny, 'cause she is in NO WAY a gamer or a nerd or anything, so I did not expect it haha. I pretty much customized my wii for her convenience. (Minus the fact that my wii menu skin isn't pink
wink.gif
)

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Actually my girlfriend is a casual gamer, she loves the fact i´m playing games like megaman X5 from PSX or Trauma Center series, even Smash Bros Brawl. We sometimes play COOPERATIVE, otherwise she beats me off if we play Brawl and I end up getting angry (yup, a nice gamer by myself haha)

However, when you know little about yourself you try to get someone " who at least play videogames", and that´s a BIG mistake. Videogames makes NO DIFFERENCE on which person you´re relying to, or dating. It´s just a "bridge" to meet and share some common tastes, and can sometimes help to "get you points, even while you´re dating her/him". but there´s more than that, and THERE you begin this thing we call "real life", real things that emerges when you "live" (yup, i used to have "no life" so i think those who get my point agree with me)

Just take it as it is... a videogame exist for distract, and have a good time, but it will always be just a video game, otherwise a person... IS as a person ; )

Cheers

PsychoticDust

Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting topic! I won't give you relationship advice, as that's already been done, but I'll be happy to share my experiences and advice regarding being with a non gamergirl. It's a fair bit of text, but see it through to the end!

I've been with my now Fiancée for 3 years next month and when we first got together, she had only ever played computer games a few times in her life and now she loves the Wii!

Being a massive fan of computer games, I had to try and get her into at least a few games. I figured that the 360 and PS3 were out as first choices, as most non gamers don't like traditional controllers, so I thought the Wii would be an excellent choice.

One day I casually asked if she wanted to go bowling indoors, she laughed and that's how we ended up playing Wii Sports. It was really easy for her to get into, as it's not like a "normal" game and we played quite a bit on a regular basis, but of course I wanted more than casual waggleware, so I upped my game.

I had to try and link more hardcore gaming to something that she could relate to and then it hit me... driving! She's been driving for years and I figured that using a controller is like driving. When you first start, it just seems that there are so many different things to think about at once and it can be really tough:

"Right, so I put my foot down here and then there, change the gear with my hand, look in all my mirrors... more or less all at the same time, etc, etc"

"Right, so I press the A button to shoot, B to shield, + to speed up, all while looking out for enemies that could be anywhere... more or less all at the same time, etc, etc"

It's alot to take in if you're new, so you really have to empathise with her, but eventually it all turns into ONE process instead of many different things at once. FIND THAT LINK WITH YOUR GIRL!

Now my other half is well into her Wii games and has gone from no real gaming experience to playing NSMBW, SMG2, quite a variety of other games and even House of The Dead: Overkill. That last game is a major achievement for her, as she hates blood and gore in games, but then I just compared it to various action films she likes AND the shooting gallery in Wii Play and she was away! I'm still slowly building her up to other games such as MW2, which she won't play yet, but she at least enjoys watching it and has a very good understanding of the game.

I'm sorry for the lengthy reply, but having a budding gamergirl is awesome! Good luck.
wink.gif

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
my girlfriend likes to play mario kart, new super mario bros and guitar hero.
play a lil bit of that and then get out and drink some coffee or get some ice cream.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm girlfriend + bedroom, = fucking. No I'm serious damn it, if you have a girl in your BEDROOM, you should be playing the sex game.

Gamer girl or non gamer girl, this is where you give your head a shake dummy.

Take her out for a bite to eat. Go for a walk in the park holding hands. Go watch a movie. Go casual shopping.

Show her you are not just another doofus who can't step away from his fucking computer and or console.

She doesn't want you for your damn games.

fartos32

Trophies
XP
Country
Well if your looking for a relationship then do more than just play games with her. Nothing wrong with the odd match in Mario Kart, but relying on games is a different story.

Do stuff with her, tennis was a good one, but when your home why not talk to her? That could just be about whatever TV show you both like. Maybe tell her something funny you did when you were little. Go through a photo album from when you were born up until now. Surely you can find something to spark up an hour long conversation.

And I'd also have to completely agree with Panzer Tacticer's post. Although maybe not the bedroom bit if you think it's too early.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah don't rely on video games unless the other person wants to. Yesterday I took a friend out to eat, went back to my house and just talked for awhile, it was about random crap but it was still fun nonetheless. Find something to do, but dont rely on one thing for it to bring enjoyment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: :sad: