Hacking Hi there Nintendo

bin01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
marcan is just a retard who doesnt realize the 99.9% of the homebrew users are what he calls pirates and this(copies/wads) is what make "his software" so popular.
Homebrew channel is for nintendo and for a lot of ppl who doesnt know the stuff a method for enable copies without modchip thats it... no homebrew, no user games, no hacking "just to know", nobody cares about that ****. So im gonna say it only one time and i want marcan hears this:

For normal ppl/nintendo HOMEBREW CHANNEL = PIRACY

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The thing that interested me the most in marcans rant was the last line.
We will be seeing BootMii shortly...

Although marcan (and off-course the rest of Team Twiizers) is really good at hacking the wii, he shouldn't pretend to be better than Nintendo.

His point of view is coding and using the system to the max. Nintendo's point of view is to make money and lots of it. If they have to choose between a good system and maximum benefits or a perfect system and less benefits, the choice is obvious.

I'm not flaming marcan or saying he's got it wrong. I'm just stating the fact nintendo and marcan see the wii form different points of view.

Chemodile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bin01 said:
marcan is just a retard who doesnt realize the 99.9% of the homebrew users are what he calls pirates and this(copies/wads) is what make "his software" so popular.
Homebrew channel is for nintendo and for a lot of ppl who doesnt know the stuff a method for enable copies without modchip thats it... no homebrew, no user games, no hacking "just to know", nobody cares about that ****. So im gonna say it only one time and i want marcan hears this:

For normal ppl/nintendo HOMEBREW CHANNEL = PIRACY
While I think you're underestimating the size of the legitimate homebrew community, I do agree to an extent. I honestly think maybe marcan just wants to appear to Nintendo as if he's not a threat. I find it pretty hilarious that the the people credited with opening the door to softmod piracy would even say something like "you know that we aren’t going to help the pirates, don’t you?" Surely the HackMii team don't actually BELIEVE they haven't helped piracy by continuing to supply us with twilight/hbc, let alone developing BootMii?

Cygoku

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Poor Marcan. Is he frustrated because Nintendo didn't call him for help or advice? They are the one who started hacking the Wii wich lead to piracy.

Maybe if Nintendo was less trying to block TPH and HBC we would have better and more new features and more frequent updates to have fun with.

I hope I gets the message.

Cygoku

muzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it funny that everyone is saying all of this here and not within the comments for the article itself. If you feel so strongly tell him yourself although I'm sure he'll see it here anyway. Maybe it's just me but I didn't get the same vibe from that posting. I saw it more as razzing nintendo. Just my two cents.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Jacobeian said:
I love all marcan's rant.... so much fun to read

note that he's clearly telling nintendo to fuck off CIOS... as if they weren't already aware of that

long Life to BootMii now

edit: he should be proud, nintendo is clearly aiming all his attention to twiizer actions, it's because they KNOW that anything else could not have been done without their work and without the ability to run code via the Twilight Hack. Their priority was clearly the root of all things and now it's done... they probably don't care if a few people are still using CIOS to pirate stuff (I wonder how many we really are) , all the newcoming Wii are now homebrew-proof and automatically piracy-proof
there are a couple of other exploids team twiizers could use to install hbc. no problem at all for them. just remember the fist unsigned code running at 24c3. it seemed that they used lego starwars at that time. but he also says that it's actually not lego starwars but they are patching other code they found.

DemonParasite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, hearing Team Twiizers talk gets really annoying. It's cool and all that they hacked the Wii, but they don't have to be arrogant pricks about it. It's not like it's easy for Nintendo to completely close of IOS249, we don't know how the Wii's source code works. Nintendo doesn't give a shit if .1% of their consumers use homebrew, and they're not going to spend money to fix an exploit that doesn't effect their niche market. Maybe once they get over themselves they'll realise Nintendo doesn't care about their exploits as much as they think. It's like Marcan thinks Nintendo is actually trying really hard to block his hacks, or something.

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Miyamoto: I GOT IT, I GOT IT! THIS IS HOW HOMEBREW DIES!

Pirates:
936050_20080214_790screen010.jpg

D-Jay

High rulez
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
DemonParasite said:
Nintendo doesn't give a shit if .1% of their consumers use homebrew, and they're not going to spend money to fix an exploit that doesn't effect their niche market. Maybe once they get over themselves they'll realise Nintendo doesn't care about their exploits as much as they think. It's like Marcan thinks Nintendo is actually trying really hard to block his hacks, or something.

Yes! I agree with you!

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if THE LEGEND OF ZELDA WII core title doesn't get a million sales?

Remember, up until now Nintendo hasn't released a game of theirs when softmodding allowed for easy access to Wii backups.

It should be in their best interest to stomp it out IMHO, it's not something they can overlook at this point.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Well HomeBrew Channel run emulators, alot of them, if they are so picky about piracy they should to know that you only should play those roms if you own the game, think that every guy that play roms own every game that he plays is a little inocent IMO.

bin01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Im getting tired of this arrogant creep, now you are going to tell me what to talk and what to shut!?? Is this guy going to threat me!?? check it out

Comments containing any of the following will be deleted:

* Any questions regarding warez launchers, or implications that you use said software.
* Any questions regarding pirated VC or WiiWare titles, or implications that you use those. This includes any mention of WADs unless you specify which legal WADs you’re talking about.
* Flamebait regarding piracy and how we suck because we don’t condone or endorse it.
* Flamebait about such topics as “homebrew is illegal”. We don’t need yet another pointless discussion on the legality of homebrew in various places and its comparison with warez or warez tools.
* Comments in other languages. Pido perdón a los lectores hispanoparlantes; este blog está en inglés.
* “Backups”. It’s a wildcard for piracy. Sorry if you have legit backups of games; this isn’t the place to discuss them due the piracy descussion that all too often hides under the “but it’s just backups” excuse.
* Comments that are just plain wrong and likely to mislead, horribly bad or dangerous advice, and which contradict the very post that they are on (debate or properly identified contradiction is okay; I’m talking about answering a newbie question with a bad answer or the opposite of what the post says without properly explaining yourself)

If your comment is otherwise valid or insightful, but violates one of the above rules, it gets deleted. Too bad. Sorry, I can’t go editing comments to remove the bad bits, and some people would see that as even worse than removing them outright. Get rid of the objectionable parts and post it again - we don’t ban commenters (unless they spam).

I’m also not stupid. If I can draw a line from your comment to “I’m almost certainly pirating”, I probably will. If you’re pirating, you should probably avoid commenting here. If you need help with anything to further your pirating, you really should not post a comment about it, because there’s a good chance I’ll notice what your intentions are, even if it’s not explicit. And if you honestly are not doing anything questionable but you think it might be interpreted as such, make sure you provide an explanation. Stupid implausible exuses from pirates need not apply.

In addition, random blog entries aren’t the place for off-topic messages directed personally to me or bushing. I’ve got an e-mail address. I do read comments that contain personal messages and may act upon them, but I won’t approve them (they clutter the already long comment lists), and I won’t reply to them. If you have a message that you need to get to me personally, use e-mail. If you have a general inquiry and/or need help on something off-topic, go to the Wiibrew Forums or the #wiihelp IRC channel on EFNet.

Finally, I’ve been known to get cranky at times and delete comments that just plain bore me or annoy me. Like asking something already answered in the blog post. Or talking about off-topic and unsupported/dangerous stuff that we don’t particularly care about or consider a good idea. Like those silly system menu skins or mods, or random custom channels that you really could do without. It depends on my mood and how silly the comment is.

If your comment mysteriously didn’t appear, think twice about what you said. If you don’t see anything wrong, we may have made a mistake, or maybe your comment got caught in the automated Akismet spam filter. Just try posting the comment again, or maybe change it up a bit if you think the spam filter might have been the issue.

If you feel this is censorship, go voice your problems, concerns, or opinions elsewhere. The Internet is pretty large; I’m sure you’ll find a place where you can post your issues.

As a reminder, proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation goes a long way towards getting better answers from other people. It also tips the balance your way if I’m unsure whether to delete your comment or not. This goes particularly for English natives who just feel like being lazy or doing it on purpose. I understand that non-natives might not know English that well; just do your best, and try to explain yourself in detail if you think that people might have trouble understanding you.

I’m leaving comments open for this entry - this is your chance to talk about this, because you won’t get to do it on other posts. The rest of the rules still apply here, so no warez or flamewars about homebrew or piracy.

...I think i talk in the name of GBATEMP when i say SHUT UP MARCAN

bin01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiBlaster said:
bin01 said:
I think i talk in the name of GBATEMP when i say SHUT UP MARCAN

I'm really looking forward to a Nand Backup\restore feature with bootmii so lay off
what i mean is "stop talking in that way and understand HBC is aka pirate channel no matter how frustrated u are"

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bin01 said:
Im getting tired of this arrogant creep, now you are going to tell me what to talk and what to shut!?? Is this guy going to threat me!?? check it out

Speak for yourself. Your inane rage is in your name and yours only.

slatis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
FenrirWolf said:
bin01 said:

Speak for yourself. Your inane rage is in your name and yours only.

IDEM Here, Speak for yourself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also happy birthday @Xdqwerty