Hideo Kojima's new game is called OD, and he calls it "a new form of media"

Hideo Kojima announced his latest project at this year's The Game Awards. Xbox Game Studios is involved with the game, which is titled "OD". While on stage, Kojima explained that OD will use Xbox's cloud technology to create a "unique, immersive, and totally new style of game, a new form of media". Jordan Peele is involved with the game as well, with history directing movies such as "Nope" and "Get Out". Highly-detailed facial capture from stars Sophia Lillis, Hunter Schaffer, and Udo Kier was showcased.

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA – KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS and XBOX GAME STUDIOS officially announced OD at The Game Awards. World-renowned game creator Hideo Kojima has partnered with Academy Award winning filmmaker Jordan Peele, the acclaimed film director of “Get Out,” “Us,” and “Nope,” who will be one of several talented storytellers involved in the project.

“We are working with Xbox Game Studios and their cloud gaming technology to take on the challenge of creating a very unique, immersive, and totally new style of game – or rather, a new form of media,” said Hideo Kojima, Game Creator and Founder of KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS.

A HIDEO KOJIMA GAME, OD explores the concept of testing your fear threshold, and what it means to OD on fear – while blurring the boundaries of gaming and film. The new teaser for OD also reveals Sophia Lillis (“Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves”), Hunter Schaffer (“Euphoria”) and Udo Kier (“Flesh for Frankenstein”), who will play the lead roles in the upcoming project.

GengarsGhostlyGiggles

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
You'd think his fame would die down and become another bust studio, but I guess fans are loyal..... hell its kept nintendo going recycling the same shit over and over.

As a fan of MGS games, I have tried so many times to complete MGS5 but it became so boring and repetitive and it felt like the worse game out of them all.

I have tried many times to complete Death Stranding and again another over hyped boring repetitive game.

I have no interest in DS 2, this looks like its going to be another over hyped title with Microsoft been desperate to win over Sony and looks like they think Kojima is the man.

Don't know why Kojima is so fixated on using real actors all the time, surely this makes production more expensive having to mo cap them... its also lazy, doesn't he know any animators with creativity.

Look how shit it worked out for LA NIOR, which could have been a decent game if it wasn't ruined with the constant crap acting and facials that just made it feel so unnatural.

I got the same feel with DS and it annoyed me even more with over rated Norman redus' annoying facial expressions all of the time.

I have little faith for what ever this project turns out to be, not looking bright either having Microsoft running it, nothing has ever worked out well when studios have Microsoft involved, its a company that sees money only and still hasn't figured out how to make games and consoles.
Ah you make a lot of good points about LA Noire and microsoft.
Microsoft ruins everything it touches(super annoyed about paid security updates for windows going forward).

LA Noire, should have really been a more fun game.
I definitely think we need LESS hollywood actors in videogames, after all it's a videogame!

lordofcombo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Kinect sucked ass, your opinion is just wrong because if it was great it will still exist. The games for it were terrible. I can't imagine anyone over 5 enjoying them.
Cmon man ,it continued until the xbox one.it might not suits you.prolly a vr guy .

jmrodrigues

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think Kojima is very similar to M. Night Shyamalan, they made something brilliant in the past, but never got to replay the feat. Both got very boring, fast!

RGP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Ahh yes, announcing games in pre-production, fr why don't they announce them when they have something worth of showing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's really cool about Pi's tho is you can have multiple SD cards with different OS on each SD card and change from say a gaming machine to a full fledged pc if wanted
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plus all bios are set up and usually includes at least 128gbs or 64
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but if your main goal is just to play n64 and GameCube you can save about $50 and have the portability option
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, but on 2 monitors at 4k. Its just want you want really, to each they own.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    For a kids aspect Anbernic would be the better option they'd probably melt over the price on a good 4k display
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For that texasroo guy, I'd recommend the Spell and speak as his first system.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So they buy a pi5 kit for about $150 and say a 28" 4k display probably looking around $400 total
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll be getting in the territory of portable Pcs anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Again you get what you pay for, its like buying a S series for $300 but its only 1440p native, if you want true 4k, gotta get the X model for $500. But yea you right, when moms buying it anyways, you gotta stay cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They could use HD out on their TV no real need for a monitor these days tbh the purists will disagree
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm kind of phasing out on the need for wanting all these consoles cool to have but they just become dust build ups
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I here ya there, I have too many myself, and have hard time letting them go, since most of mine I've modded at some point. Anymore I just play Switch on the go, seriesx at home.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ack my throat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I need to invest in some storage totes tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tots?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tootles
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tootles? Wtf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh tootles
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh totes , lol, like Tupperware storage, I gotcha
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm designing my own entertainment cabinet for my man cave, to store all my systems, then I'm also designing a power supply/HDMI switcher so I can switch to whichever system I want, and power it also. Already picked up the cabinet board, but tinkering with my drawings before start
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But yea, I have frogger arcade cabinet that I gutted and put a Pi4 then Pi5 into, but it never gets played much anymore, should sell it. Even when the kids come over, they don't want to play on it, just the xbox. TMNT and Simpson's arcade is still so fun on it, esp w 2 players.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gonna check out the new Garfield looks like garbage
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Can't wait to see the new "stick" that can actually play Ps3 or 360 games. I know they are getting close.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty didn't you see the new garfield?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah it's all animated I was hoping for some live action
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ah it's all animated I was hoping for some live action +1