Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Homebrew competition
$500 total CASH prizes!

A UK based flashcart website is launching its' first DS homebrew contest. After the registration period, there will be a public vote to determine the best 10 entries. Each entry in the top 10 will win a cash prize, with $200 going to first place! Any DS homebrew software, old or new, game or app, is eligible for entry in the contest. For more information check the source link below.

Information said:
1st Prize: $200
2nd Prize: $100
8 x Runner-up Prizes: $25

Register Your Homebrew:
You have 1 months to register your homebrew in the contest. Send your name, the name of your software and your website address to [email protected] by the 31st of July.

icon11.gif
R4DS Homebrew Contest information
discuss.png
Discuss
For those in awe of the generous prize, GBAtemp has the prize money and is holding it in escrow. So go enter!

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
qlum said:
so they're trying to clear R4's name with this contest

I'd have to agree. Some of the information on their website is...well, skewed in their favor. It comes at a good time though, the R4 may be due for a comeback now that the M3 team is taking it over. I don't expect too much, but I'm interested in what they'll do with it.

Anyway, it's awesome to have more development competitions; it's been a while since I've seen one.

slightly off topic: Does anybody know a good website to learn basic ds/gba dev? I doubt i'll learn anything useful by the end of a month, but I've been putting it off for a while now. Now's as good a time to start as any
smile.gif

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
So the ones who are eligible to join are the people who actually made the homebrews, right? Too bad my DS Homebrew is still on plans. sigh. I wonder if we get enough votes, though, seeing some "useful" ones are USELESS to others.

I'll just vote now and do projects in the future.

davidtube

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all your feedback everyone and thanks to GBAtemp for looking after the money for me. I hope lots of you enter. If it stays like it is at the minute, everyone who enters will win a prize.

If you've got any questions, I'm happy to answer them, but the best way to ask is by leaving a comment on the blog.

qlum said:
so they're trying to clear R4's name with this contest
No it's not trying to clear the name of the R4. It's just a site about the R4 DS so that's why it's using the name.

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
This is so cheesy contest... hope moonlight enter so he gets the deserved money... lol . R4 works but everyone here knows its NOT the choice to make in all there is. Its a way or another to get publicity for your store; fair enough. It wont get me off my f*t lazy *** to start coding thats for sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right...