Tutorial  Updated

Homebrew hekate Tutorial 4.x.x and 5.x.x

This is a quick how to get Homebrew running on 4.1.0 and 5.0.2.

This is not a hold your hand tutorial more of a general tutorial demonstration.

My usual Camera was not used which is why video quality may not be the best. The switch in the video is on 4.1.0. Tried to show that but the system was attempting to update, oh well believe it cause this is confirmed working by MANY people in the communities along with myself.

This is at your own descretion i am not responsable for softbricked or bricked system. Be careful and take your time.

If all goes well you will have learned something and accomplished homebrew on your switch 4.x.x and 5.x.x.

All the best. Like subscribe and hit that notification icon.

More videos coming soon maybe another tutorial with a better camera that is not in current use.

Go to this website for 4.x.x files:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/hekate-ipl-4-x-hbl-on-4-x.503471/

Go to this website for 5.x.x files:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/rcm-hekate-ipl-for-5-0-x-working-hb-menu.503299/

Website to send payload from android device. (I used my Galaxy S8, some android phones dont work for sending the payload:

https://atlas44.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/web-fusee-launcher/index.html

1. Download needed files

2. Place the needed files on the sd card. (sd card formatted as fat32.) well in your pc.

3. Put prepared sd card in your switch.

4. Plug usb into switch and payload sending device. (From switch to android phone for example Galaxy S8)

5. Power off switch

6.With your switch jigged kind of like how I have it, wire from the heatsink to the 10th pin of the right joy con slot. (On the switch, closest pin to the back on the right side)

7. Hold volume up and power button for a second maybe two. (Screen stays black.

8. Go to .amazonaws.com/web-fusee-launcher/index.html
(Pick file send payload well in rcm on switch, shows as apx)

9. Launch firmware CFW.

10. Wait for switch to boot and click the album icon in your menu.

11. Enjoy Homebrew on 4.x.x and 5.0.0

Again be careful, take your time and this is at your own descretion if you want to do this. I am not responsible this method is used by MANY people.

Leonidas

Last edited by Leonidas87,

JerJer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, let me clarify.

The patch I'm referring to is the one Ninty provides if you use an XC card while the Switch is attached to the network. It'll ask you to download an update. I was wondering if this patch works with the Ipl.

I'm using a 128 GB XC Card in ExFAT. Works for me at 4.1. I had updated from Ninty before ugrade above 4.1.

Reactions: Deathscreton

ANIL007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Switch not reading my sdcart saying

" A miceoSDXC card has been iserted.
Update the system to use this SD card "

Please help me i'm on 4.1.0

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Dunno why but I'm having difficulties sending the payload to the switch with my Galaxy S8. It works with the normal f-g sample payload. But for hekate 4.1 it fails.
780526fd0dac6c31a93698a6b15d1bec.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Leonidas87

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Ahh friend thank you soooo much. i will try
I'm confident it will work and you should be up and running in no time.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Dunno why but I'm having difficulties sending the payload to the switch with my Galaxy S8. It works with the normal f-g sample payload. But for hekate 4.1 it fails.
780526fd0dac6c31a93698a6b15d1bec.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Send it with this website on your Galaxy S8.

https://atlas44.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/web-fusee-launcher/index.html

I am using usb c to usb c cable.

2Siralv

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DO NOT ATTEMPT ON 4.1.0 AND ABOVE IT GIVES ERROR AFTER BEING RAN AND IF PUT INTO SLEEP MODE IT SOFTBRICKS IT AND WONT TURN ON FOR HOURS BE CARFULL

DO NOT ATTEMPT ON 4.1.0 AND ABOVE IT GIVES ERROR AFTER BEING RAN USING THE HBMENU AND GAMES WHATEVER RAN OR NOT EVEN IF YOU WANNA JST CHECK IT AND IF PUT INTO SLEEP MODE IT SOFTBRICKS IT AND WONT TURN ON FOR HOURS BE CARFULL

Reactions: Mach

Assassin286

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey there,

Is there a possibility to make this process constantly, cause everytime I put the switch in standby it automatically shuts itself down :D I've read something about it here but I don't know if there is a process to make this constantly.

Please don't blame my grammar cause iam drunk as fck xd

Leonidas87

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
DO NOT ATTEMPT ON 4.1.0 AND ABOVE IT GIVES ERROR AFTER BEING RAN AND IF PUT INTO SLEEP MODE IT SOFTBRICKS IT AND WONT TURN ON FOR HOURS BE CARFULL

Your warning is not correct.

Hold the power button for say 15 seconds then push the power button again. Easy enough. It does not give errors if ran. You must be doing something wrong. Please do not try and scare people it has been established and we know the risks, or lack of in most cases.

As for not turning on for hours that's your mistake. It can be easily forced to restart as I stated with holding the power button once maybe twice

Mach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hetakake mess with the battery, miss switch, does not power on by itself, needs a charger. and powers off out of nothing. im trying right now to deplete the battery to see if it back to normal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbSORc_3_Yw