Hacking homebrew won't load anything [help]

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can get Trucha Bug Restorer to load.. and I patched IOS36 again, but still nothing.

I also got cIOS38 revb to load, but there is no Wii controller support any more.. so I can't do anything.

Someone please read this and help me.. none of my forwarders are working either..

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also reinstalled homebrew and still can't get anything to load.

Can someone please help? I can't do anything on my Wii..

$uPeRJjS&#0

Trophies
XP
Country
Since you can't access Homebrew Channel there is pretty much nothing to do.

Unless you use bannerbomb to run the Hackmii installer to reinstall Homebrew Channel and it might work. Make sure you also have the version 1.0.3 for HBC!

Try that first then respond

EDIT: Do you have Bootmii as Boot 2? as you could use bootmii to boot back to your original NAND file.

EDIT2: Homebrew channel might have been corrupted by the cIOS file you patched. It happened to me once I just reinstalled homebrew channel

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew does load... I even said I can get the Trucha Bug Restorer app to load..

Homebrew loads fine, it sees my apps fine, it pops up the progress bar, goes from 0% to 100%... then black screen.

I have reinstalled HBC as well and I still have the same problem.

Edit: No, I have a newer Wii, so I only have bootmii as IOS.. and I don't have a nand backup because there isn't wii mote support in bootmii..

$uPeRJjS&#0

Trophies
XP
Country
Well the only problem is that never try too much things in a LU64/Unsoftmodable Wii . It can easily corrupt your Wii as it is pretty new and has new feautures that can stop hackers from hacking the wii.

Was it proven to work on LU64s? I dont use Softchip but i think you need ton ask people first if it is compatible with softchip.

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii isn't corrupt.. the Wii is working fine. And I've used the TBR, so I should have been able to install any cIOS from there. But I know the Wii isn't corrupt.. everything in the Wii is working fine. It's only the HBC that is having issues.

I found this as well: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Channel/B...ter_loading_bar

So it looks like other people are having this problem as well.. it may not be related to me installing the IOS mentioned above.. may just be coincidence.. either way.. there must be a way to fix this.

Like I said.. the Wii works fine, only HBC is having issues.

$uPeRJjS&#0

Trophies
XP
Country
I see,

You just try to use bannerbomb to run loadmii or hombrew channel from there.....

Have you tried that? BTW homebrew channel doesn't have DOL file does it? i dont remem

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried to load HBC from preloader.. I'm not sure what you mean by loading HBC from bannerbomb..

Homebrew is a wad.. once it's installed, you don't need anything else to keep it running..

I'm just having problems with HBC loading apps..

$uPeRJjS&#0

Trophies
XP
Country
Just run the apps using bannerbomb or preloader or loadmii........

find thier right DOL files then bannerbomb or whatever will open it for you instead of homebrew channel

you get what i mean?

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never ran apps from bannerbomb or preloader..

How do you do this?

Edit: Bannerbomb has only like 6 options.. and I just went through all of them and there is nowhere that allows application loading. Do you mean BootMii?

$uPeRJjS&#0

Trophies
XP
Country
Deviyl said:
I've never ran apps from bannerbomb or preloader..

How do you do this?

Ok Download Bannerbomb.

http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/

1.Get a SD card. If it has a private directory, rename it temporarily, e.g. to "privateold". Having other saved channels on the same card will screw it up.

2.Download aad1f_v108.zip and unzip it onto the SD card.

3.Go get one of your DOL/ELF files. Copy the DOL file that you want to boot to the root of the SD card, and rename it to boot.elf/dol if you haven't done so.

4.Press (Wii), Data Management, Channels, SD. Then insert the card. It should either pop up Load boot.dol/elf? or freeze.

Then it would load normally like how HBC loads it.

EDIT: Bannerbomb is a loader exactly the same as HBC and it loads DOL files and ELF files

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got cIOS38 revb to load..

I even get wii remote support on this for a bit.. I can scroll back and forth through the IOSs all I want.. but as soon as I press A (after I select 249).. wii remote support dies and nothing else happens..

Edit: By nothing happens, I mean bannerbomb works fine.. it asks me if I want to load the dol/elf. Once I click yes, I just get a black screen.

$uPeRJjS&#0

Trophies
XP
Country
So you are saying Bannerbomb worked for you? Then your saying cIOS38 is not working?

Well get a new one it might be corrupted or something... I heard that revb has alot of bugs...... that might be your problem

use cIOS38reva

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol. I'm glad you're trying to help.. but I don't think you're actually reading all of what I'm posting.

Bannerbomb works fine for me, but it still will not load the apps. I get a blank screen after asking if I'd like to load the app.

I said no apps will load on HBC. I then went on to point out a few that I have gotten to load. The only ones I have gotten to load are cIOS38, TBR, and ATD. The only ones that have wii remote support are TBR and ATD.

cIOS38 revb is the same one I've been using since I got the wii. I know it works. It loads fine from either HBC or bannerbomb. But wii remote support is missing.

It's certainly not an issue with the bugs in revb.. as I said, I've used it before and it worked fine. This is an issue with homebrew loading applications.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your problem is that you installed CIOS rev7 on a newer Wii and its not compat, you'll need to look for a newer Guide to hack your Wii, a Lu64+ Guide preferably one that uses TBR from Wii Power, or the cboot2 method, both are confirmed to work

heres a quick quote from Wii Power

WiiPower said:
I think we need a new guide:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=165453

1. Get bannerbomb working
2. Install HBC
3. get IOS wads (only required when the Wii has no internet connection)
4. run TBR and downgrade IOS15, install patched IOS36 as IOS36, restore IOS15
5. run any cIOS installer you want

That's a quick, easy and legal way to softmod a Wii.

Hope this helps, and i only said you installed Cios rev7 cause thats the Cios in the thread you posted earlier

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, WiiBlaster-- my Wii was already hacked though. I just need to get back to how I was before the rev7 change.

How do I undo what I did with cIOS rev7?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Paper Mario is a drug dealer and he is all about the paper yo lol
    +2
    Ffft
    On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on Twitter
  • RetroNerdGamer @ RetroNerdGamer:
    Beer isnt my thing but a root beer once in a while is good
    it gotta be MUG brand tho
    man i shoulda gotten one to open a cold one with TTYD Remake
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    man, rootbeer is so good
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Think I prefer Barq's to MUG though. But, it's been a while, maybe I need a side by side to refresh my memory lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I like Frosties if you see it at the store worth atry
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Hmmm interesting
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking bottled sodas priced more stupid than 12 packs
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fucking bottled sodas priced more stupid than 12 packs