Hacking HoTD Overkill crashes during gameplay

thatcoolguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, i have here HoTD overkill which i have burned to a Verbatim DVD-R successfully verified and all of that. it launches in gamma with no prob i can make my gamesave and start the game everything looks fantastic. then i got to the first boss fight (Jasper?) and part way through the game just crashed. the screen was frozen and a high pitched drone was audible. the game wouldn't respond to the home button or reset or anything, i had to turn off the system by holding the power button on the wii. using PAL iso for my PAL wii, anyone knows what's up? it works perfectly when it IS working. i have IOS249 as the wiki thing states i should require (that's what gamma is showing at the bottom of the screen).

sleestax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mine did it in the EXACT (well, midway through the Jasper fight) same place the first time I played it. reset the wii, loaded the game and played it to the first boss again and it was fine. I'm up to the 4th level now and haven't had anymore problems.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed it was lags from time to time and sometime freeze about a second or two. Is it normal ? Did they released it too quickly?

thatcoolguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the replies guys. yeah i heard the game is kind of buggy and it stutters at times but i didn't expect a total crash. i waited about 20 seconds after it crashed before i thought it's not going to respond again. i will try it again soon.

shadowmanr6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is ios249 needed for a certain portion of the game, i burned the game as normal before it got posted on the wiki, and played through the 1st level and it never had a problem, can anyone confirm that iso249 is neccessary for the whole game?

thatcoolguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, i beat Jasper and a couple levels after that there's no crashes since the one in the OP...looks like i'm fine, i added a note on the gamma wiki since the crash would probably make people think they screwed up. yeah i get slight lag every now and then but that's apparently part of the original too.

sgwiiboy

Trophies
XP
Country
shadowmanr6 said:
is ios249 needed for a certain portion of the game, i burned the game as normal before it got posted on the wiki, and played through the 1st level and it never had a problem, can anyone confirm that iso249 is neccessary for the whole game?

I burned before the wiki posting too so I didn't patch the ios to 249. I have played all levels through 2-3 times in some cases, with and without extra zombies as well as playing DC too and I have only had one crash on my second time in DC.

anotherlostgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Mine is failing from the beggining. I have a wii modchip (wiikey), the game totally freezes from the begginign. Pitch black screen, wiimote doesn`t respond, i have to plug it out to turn it off. Anyone knows why? I'm getting desesperate!
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb