Hacking Hotplug feature not working in HBC 1.0.6?

caribpapi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted this at Hackmii's BugTracker.

When I try to remove and reinsert my SDHC card in Homebrew Channel 1.0.6, it doesnt reload automatically. I tried my same card on my friends 4.0 Wii with HBC 1.0.6 and upgraded it to 4.2 and it work on both system menus.

I am still on 4.1U with the latest Preloader installed. Am I possibly missing some sort of trucha signed IOS or is there anything else that can prevent my card from not loading automatically?

caribpapi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
caribpapi said:
FenrirWolf said:
It's probably just your card.
So why would it work on another Wii and not mine? Thats what I want to know.
you could have a faulty sd card slot or something on your softmod isn't right
Well if everything else works fine off of my SD, Im thinking its not that. The softmod things is a possibility, I just have to know what to check for.

EDIT: I checked my SD card again on my friends newly softmodded Wii and my SD card is not working on his either.

Theres a possibility of course its my card, but the thing I noticed is that it seemed to worked before I installed Preloader. Might it have anything to do with the new HBC and Preloader changing IOS60?

I am digging here I know.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
afaik (unless its changed ios since 1.0.3) hbc runs off 55 or 61 doesnt it?

61 if installed with hackmii installer and 55 if installed with custom wad on my wii then im still on a older fw (3.2U)

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
vettacossx said:

61 if installed with hackmii installer and 55 if installed with custom wad on my wii then im still on a older fw (3.2U)
It really depends on the condition of the Wii (update version and such) when it was installed. Best way to find out is hit HOME and it'll show up in the top right corner.

When I was on 3.2 it was under IOS36 but when I updated to 4.2 and lost the HBC, it installed under IOS61.

But, I will say that it wouldn't work for me when I first lunched the HBC. It has worked everytime since, though.

Also, checking what IOS the HBC is installed under won't do squat to fix the SD hotplug.

caribpapi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well svpe replied again and stated:

"fakesigned IOSes might cause such failures (e.g. your hbc uses some old IOS because the neweset tested version (ios61) is fakesigned)"

Here goes a list of my IOSs I compiled from using the latest Signcheck:

So again, Im on system menu 4.1, I had 0.29 Preloader installed, then upgraded recently to phpgeek's 0.30 Rev 4 Preloader. My Preloader is set to use IOS60 for my system menu, My HBC shows 1.0.6 under IOS36 v4.18. I also tried other SD cards on my Wii and I get the same result. (SDHC and NON-SDHC)

Is there anything that someone can see from my list of IOSs that might cause the problem?

vettacossx said:

I actually updated my HBC with the Hackmii installer. Would I quite possibly have to uninstall the HBC and try to reinstall it using another exploit to get it installed under another IOS?
unsure.gif

EDIT: Just tried installing HBC again, this time it installs under IOS61 v21.29, but still no go.

caribpapi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And another thing that might help me: If there is anyone on system menu 4.1 that has hot-pluggging working on the latest HBC, can you please make a report of your IOSs for me using signcheck? You can just PM me.

Thanks if someone can help.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have a usb device plugged in it tries to load that instead, and sometimes never tries the sd card again, if no usb device is plugged in, it waits for sd.

caribpapi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
if you have a usb device plugged in it tries to load that instead, and sometimes never tries the sd card again, if no usb device is plugged in, it waits for sd.
WOW! That was it. I cant believe after all this trying. HAHA

Thank you noob, I will try to post it on the BootMii bug page.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well I'm on 4.1 and it is working fine for me, but my SD is not SDHC, I will run SignCheck and send results...!!
smile.gif

Edit: now I checked with a microSDHC with the adater, and it works good too, here is my SignCheck file:

SingCheck.jpg

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
caribpapi said:
noobwarrior7 said:
WOW! That was it. I cant believe after all this trying. HAHA

Thank you noob, I will try to post it on the BootMii bug page.

your welcome, I was stumped when that first happened to me too, cause I was like "SD auto-reload?!? Those Liars!!!" but then I facepalmed.

PS: I dont know if they're going to think that is a bug either.

I use it in this way:
SD card has apps that are not majorly dangerous or anything, just games and emus, and it loads first
USB contains (compatible) dupes of those, plus the (compatible) progz that really do invasive stuff. it loads if I remove the SD card.

I guess they could make it so it abandons usb if you plug an sd card back in, but only half the people are gonna see that as "better".

caribpapi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see where you're coming from noob. I wish they would at least add the reload feature back in the HBC menu then. Might be the best of both worlds.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
caribpapi said:
I see where you're coming from noob. I wish they would at least add the reload feature back in the HBC menu then. Might be the best of both worlds.

Press 1. Select USB drive or SD card. Should solve your problem.

I wish there was some sort of permanent settings though, so that I could permanently set to grid mode, so that I can turn off the "Delete" button in each menu, and so that I could have it always load my USB drive and ignore the SD card (which only has my purchased Wiiware on it, no apps folder or anything).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Being old and bitter has its advantages lol