Hacking how can I tell if a game has an update or not?

bnm81002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have WIIScrubber 1.4, how can I tell if a game has an update or not? I know it is located under (_sys) but for 1 particular game I see 2 (_update.inf) one of them has (_update.inf.TWN) is that the update one? thanks

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
bnm81002 said:
I have WIIScrubber 1.4, how can I tell if a game has an update or not? I know it is located under (_sys) but for 1 particular game I see 2 (_update.inf) one of them has (_update.inf.TWN) is that the update one? thanks
EVERY game has an Update. It's the Update-Partition which contains it (doh!). You can even see the .wads there, if you look in the right place.

bnm81002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
EVERY game has an Update. It's the Update-Partition which contains it (doh!). You can even see the .wads there, if you look in the right place.

are you referring to the (RVL-WiiSystemenu-v386.wad)? I want to delete the update partition then burn it without the update partition, thanks

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or use a system menu hack to remove update detection. like in preloader or startpatch. or use a backup loader it will ignore it anyway. updates will be necessary if it finds an outdate IOS, so if the game disc has the same files as on your wii it will not prompt for updating.

bnm81002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually it's for my brother in law's Wii, he's not that hardcore about Wii hacking, just certain games he likes, then asks me to burn him a DVD of that game, so I just want to take out the update partition and burn the new game ISO for him but how do I tell what is the update partition in WIIScrubber 1.4? thanks

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bnm81002 said:
actually it's for my brother in law's Wii, he's not that hardcore about Wii hacking, just certain games he likes, then asks me to burn him a DVD of that game, so I just want to take out the update partition and burn the new game ISO for him but how do I tell what is the update partition in WIIScrubber 1.4? thanks
just make the ISO file and run it through Wiizle Diizle Shiizle or WIU1.1 and it'll tell you if there's an update and if it's for your region and you can remove the update partition and burn

I do it to every burn

bnm81002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
bnm81002 said:
just make the ISO file and run it through Wiizle Diizle Shiizle or WIU1.1 and it'll tell you if there's an update and if it's for your region and you can remove the update partition and burn

I do it to every burn

well that's another problem too since his Wii is USA version, some games are PAL or JAP versions?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Which quote? "Twas I naked in the woods, and along came a wizard."?