Hacking How do I see my cIOS revision?

leavemealone347

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I modded my Wii a few months ago, and installed just a few homebrew apps like USBLoaderGX, and Configurable USB Loader, Homebrew Browser, etc.

Now I am reading about new cIOS revision releases. How do I see what versions I have, and how would I go about updating my cIOS? Right now I am on System Menu 4.1U and 4.2U was released shortly after I modded my Wii (so, thats the last time I did anything to modify my Wii.)

Lastly, what is the latest version of WAD Manager? I have 1.5, but how can I stay up on those updates? I can't find WAD Manager in Homebrew Browser, so there is no way to automatically stay updated. I think it needs to be updated because anytime I try to install Mega Man 9, it works fine. However, as soon as I boot the game the screen just turns black and I have to hold down the powerbutton and turn off my Wii.

leavemealone347

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, thank you for your help with USBLoader GX. I got that all figured out. I don't know why but it needed an update and was not detecting it, so I updated it myself.

These two questions are separate from that. First about the cIOS, and second about WAD Manager (and Mega Man 9).

Wiiwu

Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
leavemealone347 said:
I modded my Wii a few months ago, and installed just a few homebrew apps like USBLoaderGX, and Configurable USB Loader, Homebrew Browser, etc.

Now I am reading about new cIOS revision releases. How do I see what versions I have, and how would I go about updating my cIOS? Right now I am on System Menu 4.1U and 4.2U was released shortly after I modded my Wii (so, thats the last time I did anything to modify my Wii.)

Lastly, what is the latest version of WAD Manager? I have 1.5, but how can I stay up on those updates? I can't find WAD Manager in Homebrew Browser, so there is no way to automatically stay updated. I think it needs to be updated because anytime I try to install Mega Man 9, it works fine. However, as soon as I boot the game the screen just turns black and I have to hold down the powerbutton and turn off my Wii.

You can try my MMM tool at http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=208281

Under IOS Manager, go to IOS 249 or IOS 222 and it will show the revision of your cIOS. It also has a improved WAD Manager function built-in.

leavemealone347

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the tips you guys. I just used NUS Autodownloader to download all the WADS for 4.1U. I also installed MMM tool. So right now I redownloaded all the WADS needed and used the install the entire folder feature from MMM to reinstall the WADS.

I'll report back on what happens!

EDIT: NICE! Thanks so much you guys. I installed the newest cIOS and with the NUS Autodownloader / MMM combo Mega Man 9 booted up perfectly!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply...