Hacking How easy is it to avoid online bans now

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just bought my 2nd unpatched switch and am waiting for it to arrive in the post, I plan on using atmosphere on it and only plan on install games with gold leaf and that's it, no other homebrew etc. My 1st switch was banned about 2-3 years ago so I haven't been paying much attention to preventative measures

Don't plan on going online alot but it will be connected to WiFi and I do imagine it'll grab updates.

How easy is it to avoid being banned now if I just stick to this method, is there some homebrew that hides things now, I'm kind of out of the loop

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought my 2nd unpatched switch and am waiting for it to arrive in the post, I plan on using atmosphere on it and only plan on install games with gold leaf and that's it, no other homebrew etc. My 1st switch was banned about 2-3 years ago so I haven't been paying much attention to preventative measures

Don't plan on going online alot but it will be connected to WiFi and I do imagine it'll grab updates.

How easy is it to avoid being banned now if I just stick to this method, is there some homebrew that hides things now, I'm kind of out of the loop
I recommend asking the Switch Banning Hub.

Reactions: yusuo

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

its super easy. when you hack it, create a emunand and incognito or exosphere it. and only do pirating, homebrew, cheats ect in the emunand, and leave sysnand alone for playing online and legit stuff,

Reactions: yusuo and ezkitty

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
its super easy. when you hack it, create a emunand and incognito or exosphere it. and only do pirating, homebrew, cheats ect in the emunand, and leave sysnand alone for playing online and legit stuff,
Honestly, it's for my son, I don't plan on doing any legit stuff on it, he's too young to play online, the only benefit of me being online is super easy updates and also I can get myself a n64 controller for my xbox

ezkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@yusuo pretty much this. Dont use 90dns to protect you. I usually use two sd cards for my switches

Reactions: HalfScoper

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, it's for my son, I don't plan on doing any legit stuff on it, he's too young to play online, the only benefit of me being online is super easy updates and also I can get myself a n64 controller for my xbox
well in that case, create a emunand and setup incognito or exosphere to protect from bans and leave the system in emunand. at least this way your console will be ban proof from your kids or your doing.

incognito or exosphere is a self imposed temporary ban to prevent your console from getting banned by nintendo while you do illegal activities. so your emunand will be temp banned, sysnand wont be. pirating games on a un-incognito'd or exosphere'd nand is 100% going to get banned if its online,

you dont need to be connected to nintendo servers to update firmware or games using homebrew.

ezkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So can emunand be banned and it not affect sysnand? So potentially if emunand gets banned you can just delete it and create a new one?
emunand is 1:1 to your sysnand. if you get banned on emu, its banned on sys. using things like exosphere or incognito acts like if the switch was super banned for emunand. This prevents it from connecting to any sort of Nintendo servers

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
well in that case, create a emunand and setup incognito or exosphere to protect from bans and leave the system in emunand. at least this way your console will be ban proof from your kids or your doing.

incognito or exosphere is a self imposed temporary ban to prevent your console from getting banned by nintendo while you do illegal activities. so your emunand will be temp banned, sysnand wont be. pirating games on a un-incognito'd or exosphere'd nand is 100% going to get banned if its online,

you dont need to be connected to nintendo servers to update firmware or games using homebrew.
OK, awesome, is there an easier way to get updates for games out of curiosity, at the moment I use torrent sites but as you imagine they don't upload every update and having a homebrew or something like nus downloaded used to but on the switch would be so much easier

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, awesome, is there an easier way to get updates for games out of curiosity, at the moment I use torrent sites but as you imagine they don't upload every update and having a homebrew or something like nus downloaded used to but on the switch would be so much easier
there is a homebrew app called tinfoil, it has a shop tab where you can add shops, i cant link it but google "carcaschoi" for the shop urls. you can download games updates dlc's ect.

sometimes tinfoil doesnt have some things though and thats where other sites come in, again cant link bc its piracy but a moderate google search and you should find a site that holds most switch games, updates and dlc

Reactions: yusuo

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
there is a homebrew app called tinfoil, it has a shop tab where you can add shops, i cant link it but google "carcaschoi" for the shop urls. you can download games updates dlc's ect.
OK, that makes my job alot easier, OK, I'll give the emunand a go, I have a 512gb card that I'm going to have to wipe anyways. So I'll keep a tiny portion of that for sysnand and steal the rest for my emunand.

Appreciate all your advice

ezkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, that makes my job alot easier, OK, I'll give the emunand a go, I have a 512gb card that I'm going to have to wipe anyways. So I'll keep a tiny portion of that for sysnand and steal the rest for my emunand.

Appreciate all your advice
This is my setup. I have another switch that just shares a 512gb sd card between sys and emu. If you do want to transfer your save from emu to sys, use JKSV on emu to backup and then boot sys with cfw to restore the save. Its safe to run CFW on sys as long as you dont install nsp

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is my setup. I have another switch that just shares a 512gb sd card between sys and emu. If you do want to transfer your save from emu to sys, use JKSV on emu to backup and then boot sys with cfw to restore the save. Its safe to run CFW on sys as long as you dont install nsp
Do you know if its possible to install xci files now, or do you still have to convert to nsp format first?

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can you install xci files?

sometimes tinfoil doesnt have some things though and thats where other sites come in, again cant link bc its piracy but a moderate google search and you should find a site that holds most switch games, updates and dlc

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll throw in my 2 cents in on what installer to use instead of goldleaf, dbi. I used to use awooo, I had issues with it after awhile. Couldn't figure out why then moved to tinwoo which is a fork of tinleaf (which tinleaf is also a fork of awoo) it worked well for as long as I used it but swapped to dbi. It has more features than tinwoo/tinleaf but not as much as tinfoil.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious