How to achieve nice wire management results? Like you see on photos and stuff.

KuraV12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I see a lot of modchip installs in ps2’s i buy and online. I’ve became sort of fascinated with modding the ps2. (before i was obsessed with the og xbox for like 5 months, but when i got my first ps2, everything on my bench has since been ps2.) i have done one modchip rewiring myself, but it was very unprofessional. Joints were good, it’s just the wire management that was basic af. But i’ve ordered some modbo 5’s on ali and i’m preparing for a few installs, only problem i keep having is wire management. I have one super glue (pattex branded 1g tube) but it cures too slow, and the result of that is that i have to hold my wires to the board for an extremely long tome which hurts (others on the net don’t seem to he having this issue). Another thing is that it leaves a white powder type residue, i think it’s fine for the board, it just doesn’t look as good. Original Loctite glue is very expensive, and i don’t know what to do. Can anyone here give some tips?

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I see a lot of modchip installs in ps2’s i buy and online. I’ve became sort of fascinated with modding the ps2. (before i was obsessed with the og xbox for like 5 months, but when i got my first ps2, everything on my bench has since been ps2.) i have done one modchip rewiring myself, but it was very unprofessional. Joints were good, it’s just the wire management that was basic af. But i’ve ordered some modbo 5’s on ali and i’m preparing for a few installs, only problem i keep having is wire management. I have one super glue (pattex branded 1g tube) but it cures too slow, and the result of that is that i have to hold my wires to the board for an extremely long tome which hurts (others on the net don’t seem to he having this issue). Another thing is that it leaves a white powder type residue, i think it’s fine for the board, it just doesn’t look as good. Original Loctite glue is very expensive, and i don’t know what to do. Can anyone here give some tips?
Retro Gaming Arts has modchip install videos along with advice on how to improve your work, maybe you should give him a watch. For holding the wires together, I use a dab of super glue then I use a Q-Tip to spread it evenly to create a ribbon cabble. Do not use too much as it can rip the silicon tubing and damage the wires. Then, with a pair of tweezers, evenly fold and neaten them up so they reach the pads.

KuraV12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Retro Gaming Arts has modchip install videos along with advice on how to improve your work, maybe you should give him a watch. For holding the wires together, I use a dab of super glue then I use a Q-Tip to spread it evenly to create a ribbon cabble. Do not use too much as it can rip the silicon tubing and damage the wires. Then, with a pair of tweezers, evenly fold and neaten them up so they reach the pads.
Interesting, i'll try the q-tip technique. And i saw RGA's videos, perhaps i didn't watch them as thoroughly, i'll rewatch and see.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7fk_DUz5g +1