Hacking How to backup original game through wlan

GrEvilKin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I've been out of the scene from quite some time and I was wondering if there was a software that could do that properly now.

I have a d2pro, so I'm not interested in "dumping only what I need" I want a dumper that really dumps, real 1:1 disc images that can be used with chips and not only loaders. I used in the past something I don't remember the name but it was pretty generic, it was installed in THC and we had to insert the disc while the program was asking for it otherwise we had to reset the Wii. It was pretty slow also, took at least 2h to rip. We had to tell it if it was a DL disc or not.

So what's the best disc ripper out there? USB or SD if I have to but I would really like to transfer by the network. Is there any program that can do that, and that gets the DL info itself?

I'd like to know the way to burn those images too. DL or not. For the gamecube I could burn them as usual with Nero without any additional settings, I'd like to be able to do the same with Wii ISOs.

Thanks!

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure about wlan ripping, im sure others do, butas to your other questions:
Most usb loaders rip the games to usb very quickly.
imgburn is the best for wii/gc burning dl or otherwise

GrEvilKin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you tell me the name of the best USB loader?

I used imgburn IIRC when I first tested these things in the past, I also remember I had to tell imgburn where the layers were on DL games. Is there some way to just burn without weird settings?

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"the best usb loader" is only an opinion, and is debated all the time here. I like cfg usb loader. usbgx is nice, and wiiflow are the ones i can think of off hand, they all rip to usb pretty quick, then use wii backup manager to get the off your drive.

you only need to set the layer break for dual layer games, and theres only 3 that i can think of, unless u are making GC multi discs and then u can leave the break as default

icecold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ftpii seems to be able to do it.
smile.gif

GrEvilKin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bugaveli said:
I like cfg usb loader. usbgx is nice, and wiiflow are the ones i can think of off hand, they all rip to usb pretty quick, then use wii backup manager to get the off your drive.

you only need to set the layer break for dual layer games, and theres only 3 that i can think of, unless u are making GC multi discs and then u can leave the break as default

does cfg usb loader or usbgx or wiiflow ask if the disc is DL? And ftpii?

QUOTE(DunkrWunkah @ Jul 27 2010, 04:50 PM) I do have a network backup tool for Wii/GC. It takes a long time, but it works.

What's the name of your program?

What I was using in the past was Waninkoko's cIOS DVD Dumper, it worked great but it was asking if the disc was DL or not and the transfer speed was really slow. I don't really mind the speed but I'd like a program that does the same thing as DVD Dumper (perfect copies) but gets the DL info itself instead of me telling it, as I have no way of knowing if it's DL or not.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're wrong Lexip. Metroid Prime Trilogy is DL, and I think there's a Japanese train simulator that is also dual layer.

[A site] claims wifi dumping gives you a bad dump 100% of the time. Try Superdump.

GrEvilKin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
W hat said:
[A site] claims wifi dumping gives you a bad dump 100% of the time. Try Superdump.

Is there a website with successful 1:1 backups checksums? Or a wifi program doing good dumps?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-granite-ridge-zen-5-desktop-cp...