Gaming How to disable internet on your own PC secretly?

quepaso

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a laptop running XP that i use for when im in the backyard poolside, but when large amounts of people come over, they use the laptop like its a toy and ive had a few mishaps with it. I'd like to double click something and disable internet on the laptop and double click another to re-enable it. Ive tried renaming the hosts file, even the entire etc directory, but internet keeps working regardless. I dont want to install special software or disable wireless on my router, because the wii uses that. I thought that putting the router ip in the hosts file would do it, but it keeps working. Any help would be appreciated.

quepaso

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont want to make it look like i am disabling the internet on purpose. Anyhow, i figured it out. Using the command line sc, i can disable dhcp. So i wrote a command prompt disabling it and one enabling it and hit them out of the way, and i can stop/re-start internet on the laptop without anyone being the wiser. BTW, man you are fast! I came here to delete the post and there was already a reply!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Sproing