Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
it is the all time problem with burning DVDs , and yet no listen to the 1000 post all over the place about how you should do it and what kind of media you should use , aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr no more hi-tech
hate2.gif
I'm going to get drunk
grog.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Are those PAL and you own a NTSC-U Wii...??
If that is so, then just force the Launcher to NTSC...!!!
smile.gif

Kamui said:
Do you still get the 002 error with CIOSCORP?

NO, because is like if you have a ModChip and IOS55 installed...!!
biggrin.gif

georgecoat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
have other games worked on the discs your using ?

all of the games working on the discs I am using, except:
Tak: Guardians of Gross
Call of Duty 3
Professor Heinz Wolff's Gravity

I reburned these several times, all of them the same "falling screen" (game is running, you can see on the screen, but is unplayeble because of that falling screen).

georgecoat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
Are those PAL and you own a NTSC-U Wii...??
If that is so, then just force the Launcher to NTSC...!!!
smile.gif

They are all PAL and I have NTSC wii. I tested PAL to NTSC patched on WiU1.1, I tested also PAL, both "falling screen" issue. If I try force NTSC I get green screen...
I am running Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma, IOS 249 (002fixed channel too).

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
georgecoat said:
djtaz said:

Call of Duty 3

I reburned these several times, all of them the same "falling screen" (game is running, you can see on the screen, but is unplayeble because of that falling screen).

Just buy/get NTSC versions - problem solved. There are 1000 different things it could be and you would be trying things forever - its easier to get your regions copies

georgecoat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
georgecoat said:
djtaz said:

Call of Duty 3

Just buy/get NTSC versions - problem solved. There are 1000 different things it could be and you would be trying things forever - its easier to get your regions copies

This is strange, because the other PAL games works OK, patched with WiU1.1 to NTSC, no force needed (I have full starfall).

dkelley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
georgecoat said:
This is strange, because the other PAL games works OK, patched with WiU1.1 to NTSC, no force needed (I have full starfall).

nope, totally normal actually. happens to everybody whose tvs don't 100% support pal mode (which is many of us in north america).

those games in original pal mode are known not to work in force ntsc mode etc.

don't fret it. the professor isn't out in ntsc yet I think and the others you may have to actually break down and purchase if you can't find them in your normal places...

sucks, I know, but what can ya do?

PS - NFS is basically unplayable in a backup launcher due to the slow read speed. can't help it, just buy the game. it's the only answer.

and as per my user review on gamespot, I think the game is easily the best NFS on the wii - graphics are actually pretty decent for the wii, try driving around canada in the sun in winter, you'll see lots of shiny streets, totally normal. Don't forget where the game was developed... ;-)

cheers
dkelley

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dkelley said:
georgecoat said:

nope, totally normal actually. happens to everybody whose tvs don't 100% support pal mode (which is many of us in north america).

those games in original pal mode are known not to work in force ntsc mode etc.

don't fret it. the professor isn't out in ntsc yet I think and the others you may have to actually break down and purchase if you can't find them in your normal places...

sucks, I know, but what can ya do?

PS - NFS is basically unplayable in a backup launcher due to the slow read speed. can't help it, just buy the game. it's the only answer.

and as per my user review on gamespot, I think the game is easily the best NFS on the wii - graphics are actually pretty decent for the wii, try driving around canada in the sun in winter, you'll see lots of shiny streets, totally normal. Don't forget where the game was developed... ;-)

cheers
dkelley

I have NFS and its completely playable and no issues at all on backup loader gamma with 002 fix

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
On the NFS issue... it also loads and play perfectly from disc channel with the cioscorp installed.
@Taz glad to see your alive and kicking still. haven't seen you in any threads lately.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dkelley said:

djtaz said:
I have NFS and its completely playable and no issues at all on backup loader gamma with 002 fix

QUOTE(digitydogs @ Jan 21 2009, 08:28 PM)
On the NFS issue... it also loads and play perfectly from disc channel with the cioscorp installed.
@Taz glad to see your alive and kicking still. haven't seen you in any threads lately.

Could you 3 do me a favour and tell me which kind and brand of media you use(DVD-R or DVD+R, Verbatim, Sony...) and at which speed you burned? I suspect the bad loading is a combination of half loading speed and bad burn(at least not a good burn).

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Welll i also have the game on a Sony (SONY D21) DVD+R burnt at 16X with Nero6 on a Lite-On writter, and the slow loading they refer is to the fartest you can see on the highway, not the nearest, and it is not always, only when you get to another part of the city, about the shinny mirror street it is totally created by EA it is not a glitch or error or something like that...!!!
smile.gif

mtrhd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Distrance said:
And here I thought I could finally play NFSU... I did everything what was needed to be done, but when I tried to burn it gave me stupid error on IMGBurn after a while '' W 22:24:16 Failed to Write Sectors 0 - 31 - Reason: Power Calibration Area Error ''

I pushed the Abort button like fucking 15 minutes ago and it's still going and won't let me abort.. I'm kinda worried here ;.;

Edit : I can't even shut down IMGBurn process, OR eject the disc tray.. .omg" -Unless you want to be pissed off more,i would let it go.nfsu doesn,t work on gamma.you can play it a little but the screen keeps dropping your car into outerspace every other second.i got to 25% and i cant get any further.i present a gentlemans challenge.anyone that can beat both tollbooth's at 25% is a better driver than me and i race undefeated in real life!and if anyone can get it to work properly on gamma,please help because i have wasted 20 disks on three different scources on this game and it just wont stop freezing.someone should change the compatibility thread to yellow to prevent everyone from thinking that it was they're fault that it dont work.as for the img burn problem-img is a very small program so there is no error log support for it internally.if it has an error it doesnt know how to recover.once you crash it,you should just replace it.the new one will work fine.i keep a spare download for just that reason,on an external drive.sounds like your nfsu file didnt have the dol signed when you tried to burn it.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The game works fine for me, buy a new writter, use NERO and tayo yuden or verbatim DVD's, or better yet, BUY THE LEGIT COPY..!!!
smile.gif

mtrhd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
dkelley said:

djtaz said:

QUOTE(digitydogs @ Jan 21 2009, 08:28 PM)

Could you 3 do me a favour and tell me which kind and brand of media you use(DVD-R or DVD+R, Verbatim, Sony...) and at which speed you burned? I suspect the bad loading is a combination of half loading speed and bad burn(at least not a good burn).
Could those who have nfsu working tell me-are you running pal2pal,pal2ntsc forced,ntsc to ntsc?i have ntsc and i have tried everything.all burning software,memorex and verbatum dvds.from 3x to 16x all work the same except 4x was the best by maybe 5% difference.all on gamma.pro street works but not nfsu how ironic(larger and not to mentoin awful game,but not the good one)i actually have a lot of skipping on the pc version as well but it is acceptable.the pc game is nothing like the much better wii version.

georgecoat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed falling screen in several games. For example Far Cry Vengeance is PAL, changed PAL-NTSC in WiU1.1 and patched to 249 IOS works perfect without any force. On the other hand MOH 5 Vanguard is PAL too, changed PAL-NTSC shows falling screen, but when forced NTSC it works OK (strange, already patched to NTSC). Then there are Tak: Guardians of Gross, Call of Duty 3, Professor Heinz Wolff's Gravity and Popstar Guitar that are also PAL, and they show falling screen too, when NTSC forced they show green screen.
My Wii is NTSC -U, I have downgraded from 3.4 to 3.2, full starfall installed, gamma launcher 002 fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk