Status
Not open for further replies.

56killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It work great. Patch Undercover pal to ntsc video mode and burn at 4x with ImgBurn on sony media work fine on mi NTSC Wii

RC89

Trophies
XP
Country
ppc_gba said:
@Hkari: your burner might be dying, i had similar problems with mine before it stopped burning dvds properly.

so it does work? to those of you who burned and got it working with no modchip, was this on gamma, or softchip? i'm guessing gamma since softchip has worse support for international games (unless you used ntsc) plz tell more...

I am using gamma 0.3 and i got undercover in a pal version.

Edit: I searched the net, and i just wanted to know if it is true that donkey kong jungle beat wii only is out in japan?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ppc_gba said:
are you guys saying you got need for speed to work, with no modchip, on the softchip loader toy (with the 002 dol hack), or on gamma (you burned one with the patches) or what?? or is every1 here just saying donkey kong works now?
i had changed my ios on nfs:u to 249, but i saw that the change was visible in content1.bin which was dumped to the sd card, so i changed it back to ios55 (37 in hex) and tried again but still no luck.

I don't have the game myself, i let nicksasa test it for me. He has a PAL Wii with 3.2 firmware and Starfall (what else?) and really all he had to to was to dump the main.dol with my toy, patch it with a hexeditor/the Generic Wii Patcher and load the game again with my toy. He does not have a IOS55 installed and the disc is a real untouched 1:1 copy.

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
You can edit your post and delete the IOS55 solution for modchip users, because it doesn't do a damn thing.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Knocks said:
You can edit your post and delete the IOS55 solution for modchip users, because it doesn't do a damn thing.

This here is my how to:
Gamma(and official SoftChip) users:
1. Get bailli's Generic Wii Patcher from here:
http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=77938
2: Extract the main.dol from the .iso with your preferred method
3: Patch it with the Generic Wii Patcher
4: Put the patched main.dol into the .iso
5: Fake sign the .iso (if not done automatically)
6: Burn the .iso
7. Run the game with Gamma(SoftChip)

SoftChip users:
1. Get bailli's Generic Wii Patcher from here:
http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=77938
2. Get my toy from here(you need R2):
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=122...p;#entry1626756
3. Run the 1:1 copy with my toy and press - when you are asked for, THIS DUMPS THE MAIN.DOL to your sd card at /SoftChip/GameID/
4. Patch the main.dol with the Patcher
5. Run the 1:1 copy with my toy and press + when you are asked for, this loads the main.dol from sd instead of the disc

PS:
Modchip users which get the 002 error(only a suggestion):
Install IOS55 and just follow one of both guides and tell SoftChip/my toy to load IOS55, this should do it.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Need for Speed Undercover works
biggrin.gif
. Thanks for help guys... I tried to burn again and there was no error whatsoever... Anyway waste of DVD, as the game appears to be in fucking spanish >=/

.. ESPALWii games always have been Multi-lingual so they were always in english, but not this one

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
I got DK Jungle Beat work, but only through GeckoOS (modchipped NTSC-U system). You have to apply the following two patches with GenericWiiPatcher: 1) error #002 and 2) force language to Japanese. You do NOT need IOS53 or IOS55 for Donkey Kong. Without GeckoOS you will still get a black screen. I am going to try a couple of other things to try to get it to boot directly.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Knocks said:
I got DK Jungle Beat work, but only through GeckoOS (modchipped NTSC-U system). You have to apply the following two patches with GenericWiiPatcher: 1) error #002 and 2) force language to Japanese. You do NOT need IOS53 or IOS55 for Donkey Kong. Without GeckoOS you will still get a black screen. I am going to try a couple of other things to try to get it to boot directly.

If you don't have IOS55 installed and the game wants it, it's not a surprise it won't run from the disc channel. Force language is something you only need because you use a NTSCJ game on another's region Wii.

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
If you don't have IOS55 installed and the game wants it, it's not a surprise it won't run from the disc channel. Force language is something you only need because you use a NTSCJ game on another's region Wii.

The game does NOT want it. This game does not require IOS53 or IOS55, period. Nor do NTSC-J games usually require to be forced to Japanese language on U.S. systems. Very few Japanese games require forced language settings, and this game is one of them.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Knocks said:
WiiPower said:

The game does NOT want it. This game does not require IOS53 or IOS55, period. Nor do NTSC-J games usually require to be forced to Japanese language on U.S. systems. Very few Japanese games require forced language settings, and this game is one of them.

Which IOS does it want? It may not require IOS53 or IOS55, but i think it wants IOS55. What does wiidiscinfo or SoftChip say about this?

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
I just told you that it does not need or want any new IOS (although it includes both IOS53 and IOS55 along with new Japanese firmware in the update partition). Need for Speed may need the new IOS, but Donkey Kong does not. The game runs fine from GeckoOS with language settings forced to Japanese once it's patched for the #002 error. I don't use softchip or any other backup loader bullshit and could care less about what it says.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Knocks said:
I just told you that it does not need or want any new IOS (although it includes both IOS53 and IOS55 along with new Japanese firmware in the update partition). Need for Speed may need the new IOS, but Donkey Kong does not. The game runs fine from GeckoOS with language settings forced to Japanese once it's patched for the #002 error. I don't use softchip or any other backup loader bullshit and could care less about what it says.

lol

oh and: lol

Inside the tmd of the game is specified which IOS the disc channel loads when it(the disc channel) starts the game. I call this: the game "wants" the IOS specified in the tmd, most games run with IOS36 or cIOS36 but want other ones. If you don't have this IOS the disc channel can't load the game, because it can't load the "correct" IOS. If you think SoftChip is bullshit, that's your personal opinion, even if SoftChip is just a loader which lets you specify which IOS to load and works great in combination with modchips.

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Knocks said:

lol

oh and: lol

Inside the tmd of the game is specified which IOS the disc channel loads when it(the disc channel) starts the game. I call this: the game "wants" the IOS specified in the tmd, most games run with IOS36 or cIOS36 but want other ones. If you don't have this IOS the disc channel can't load the game, because it can't load the "correct" IOS. If you think SoftChip is bullshit, that's your personal opinion, even if SoftChip is just a loader which lets you specify which IOS to load and works great in combination with modchips.

If the game called for or "wanted" a specific IOS, then it wouldn't run from an ancient release of GeckoOS.

Korudo

Koru Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't open the ISO in trucha signer. It is a scrubbed ISO, and every time i try to open it it crashes with "Trucha signer has encountered an error and needs to close" This hasn't happened with any other ISO before.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Knocks said:
If the game called for or "wanted" a specific IOS, then it wouldn't run from an ancient release of GeckoOS.

Why not? Nearly all games work with IOS36 or cIOS36. The only exception which comes to my mind is Rock Band which really needs IOS37.

Just look with wiidiscinfo which IOS is stated there, there should be IOS4 for partition 1(that's the update) and IOS5x for partition 2(the game).

Just install this IOS and the game should work from the disc channel. But wait, when i think of it, this doesn't work, even if you patch it, it won't run from the disc channel, because IOS5x doesn't have trucha support. If you want it from disc channel you need 002 patch, language patch(just for this game) and IOS Version patching to IOS36. That's the only way i can think of which could work.

If a game comes out which really needs IOS55 and has 002 protection, all .iso patching won't help, but my toy would. (Ok only if there isn't any new additional protection)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: