Hacking How to rebuild extracted wii isos

Urbanhack86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
HI, i hve extracted fatal frame 4 with nkit to add spanish translation files manually. so the problem is idk how to rebuild to make an iso again.
i tried all nkit app options but nothing. i cant do it.
help? ty

PhysicalPain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Try Wiimms ISO Tools.

Download and extract Wiimms ISO Tools, then copy your image to the "BIN" folder within Wiimms ISO Tools.
In the "BIN" folder click in the adress bar, type "cmd" and press enter.

In the now opened Command Prompt type "wit extract game.iso DUMP" (replace game.iso with the name of your Iso-file; if the name has a space, you'll might need to enclose the name of the file within '' like 'some game.iso'). After a few seconds there should be a "DUMP" folder within the "BIN" folder, containing all the game files.

Now just replace watever files you want and then go back to the Command Prompt.
Type "wit copy DUMP patchedgame.iso" and hit enter. After a while there will be a new, patched, .iso in the "BIN" folder.

Last edited by PhysicalPain,

Urbanhack86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Try Wiimms ISO Tools.

Download and extract Wiimms ISO Tools, then copy your image to the "BIN" folder within Wiimms ISO Tools.

In the now opened Command Prompt type "wit extract game.iso DUMP" (replace game.iso with the name of your Iso-file; if the name has a space, you'll might need to enclose the name of the file within '' like 'some game.iso'). After a few seconds there should be a "DUMP" folder within the "BIN" folder, containing all the game files.

Type "wit copy DUMP patchedgame.iso" and hit enter. After a while there will be a new, patched, .iso in the "BIN" folder.
Oh wow, thanks a lot! also thanks for the guide! 🤝

derekfcc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for me, there wasnt a 'BIN' folder. I just had to drop the Iso into the root folder of all of the commands. 'C:\Program Files\Wiimm\WIT'

worked perfectly though, created the DUMP folder right there as well and I was able to access everything. More importantly, I was FINALLY able to get it put back together and reprocess it to a WBFS. Thank you to everyone involved.

amariphobic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for me, there wasnt a 'BIN' folder. I just had to drop the Iso into the root folder of all of the commands. 'C:\Program Files\Wiimm\WIT'

worked perfectly though, created the DUMP folder right there as well and I was able to access everything. More importantly, I was FINALLY able to get it put back together and reprocess it to a WBFS. Thank you to everyone involved.
What did you click next? 😭

russianjoint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Try Wiimms ISO Tools.

Sorry for hijacking. I tried your method, but for a different thing: extracting an RVT-R iso.
Surprise, surprise, it didn't work.
Managed to extract the game/data partition with WiiScrubber and the dev-key.bin.
Question: how do I build a retail iso from this, or a wbfs file?

EDIT: Solved. To play an RVT-R ISO on a retail Wii all you need is RVT-H Tool.
RVT-H Tool can resign debug ISOs for retail consoles.

Last edited by russianjoint,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==